Group Reporting Actuary
Hybrid working with 3-4 days per week working from home
Angel Court, London
Circa £80K per annum dependent upon experience
Fantastic benefits including 10% Management Bonus Scheme
Full time 35 hours per week
We consider all types of flexibility, including locations, hours and working patterns.
Our Actuarial teams play a key role in helping us deliver on our strategy. Whether your focus is pricing, reserving, modelling or another area we believe in allowing our colleagues to work in a way that suits them. Giving them the time and freedom to keep our customers at the heart of every decision.
We’re looking for a qualified Actuary to become our technical provisions lead for Group reporting. This is an ideal role for an Actuary looking to develop the next part of their career with added responsibility for signing off and presenting to the Chief Actuary. It’s about taking ownership of the consolidations, the timetables and methodology. In addition, there is the governance, setting the narrative and developing junior members of the team.
If you’re 1-4 years fully qualified as an actuary and have career aspirations to become a future chief actuary then you need to consider this role…
About the area you’ll be working in…
The Reporting Actuary is a key role in Bupa’s Group Actuarial team. Based in our London office (3-4 days work from home), you will support our Group Actuarial Director and engage with a variety of teams across Bupa Group. This role will be a great stepping stone to future opportunities at Bupa.
What you’ll be doing…
- Deliver Technical Provisions for Group reporting (IFRS & Solvency 2), adhering to deadlines
- Drive continuous improvement in reserving models
- Actuarial analysis for Board and Executive to support quarterly reporting deliverables
- Provide actuarial advice and guidance for commercial decisions
- Liaise and work closely with Bupa Group Finance and other actuarial teams
- Ensure tools (e.g. IFRS17 Risk Adjustment Calculator) are properly controlled
Who we’re looking for?
- Qualified Actuary (IFoA, FIA)
- Group Reporting experience
- IFRS17 (ideally) and Solvency 2 knowledge
- Strong modelling experience
- Proactive mindset, ability to work independently
- Ambition and drive!
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health – from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- 25 days holiday per year, pro rata to your contract.
- Access to a range of services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Fixed term benefits allowance
- Access to our confidential employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Online discounts covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and more.
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That’s why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.