Hybrid working with 3-4 days per week working from home
£85K – £115K per annum dependent upon experience
Fantastic benefits including 10% Management Bonus Scheme
Full time 37.5 hours per week
We consider all types of flexibility, including locations, hours and working patterns.
Our Actuarial teams play a key role in helping us deliver on our strategy. Whether your focus is pricing, reserving, modelling or another area we believe in allowing our colleagues to work in a way that suits them. Giving them the time and freedom to keep our customers at the heart of every decision.
The Claims Analytics Actuary/Business Partner is responsible for identifying underlying trends within our insurance data using a range of statistical model and software. This is a key responsibility in developing views on claims trends and recommending inflation for our UKI & BG business units to support our pricing proposition and planning considerations. In order to achieve this, the business partner will connect with a variety of senior stakeholders across Actuarial, Pricing, Finance and Healthcare Management.
Accountabilities & Activities
- Leading change projects and transformation of BUPA analytics platforms to support more effective estimations of key assumptions including the claims inflation outlook for our insurance products
- Identifying trends in our insurance data using a range of statistical models and software (e.g.SAS,R,Python).
- Leveraging best market practice in the local and global marketplace.
- Engagement with consultants and 3rd party providers of data and benchmarking to contribute to BUPA’s commercial position and outlook
- Understanding how external data is linked to our volumes and claim spend.
- Effectively communicating insights and key assumptions needed for our pricing and planning. To include feedback and recommendations to Executive Committee, Board and regular input Claims Reserving levels on a regular basis to help steer company strategy.
- Presenting data using appropriate visualization tools (e.g.PowerBI,Tableau
- Takes ownership and responsibility for projects as assigned by the Chief Actuary and Director of Actuarial Analytics and is able to develop a project without detailed guidance from senior management
- Mentorship and development of new actuarial analysts as they join the team
- Leads and supports the analysis of claims dimensions to understand and make recommendations on inflation for different parts of the BUPA portfolio
- Ensure that data and models used to support aspects of reserving, planning and financial disclosures are reviewed and documented as part of the Actuarial control environment
- Ensure all team members have the appropriate level of competence to perform their roles effectively in a regulated environment
Key Skills / Qualifications needed for this role:
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in either insurance or similar regulated environment.
- Must have the ability to engage and influence at all levels of the business.
- Be customer obsessive (internally & externally).
- Must be able to plan and manage change.
- Be able to plan and implement measures to control and reduce risk.
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health – from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- 25 days holiday per year, pro rata to your contract.
- Access to a range of services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Fixed term benefits allowance
- Access to our confidential employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Online discounts covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and more.
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That’s why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.