On our three year Actuarial Graduate Scheme you’ll build your actuarial skills across a range of disciplines whilst studying to become a qualified actuary with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
Whether you know what you want to do in the future or are still working that out, we believe it’s really important to try it for yourself. That’s why over the course of the scheme, you’ll complete three 12 -month rotations across the breadth of our business in both our Bupa Global and UK Market Unit and Group Functions. You’ll have a rare opportunity to gain broad experience into how we operate and be supported to complete the actuarial qualification at the same time.
The functions on offer include:
- Claims Analytics
- Regulatory Reporting
- Risk Management
What’s more, the scheme is underpinned by a comprehensive learning and development programme. You’ll develop essential skills such as self-awareness, effective working, communication, team working, influencing and leadership, as well as critical business skills like project management, commercial awareness and business awareness. And with support from your manager, our Early Careers Manager, study mentors and buddies, you’ll be stretched to discover your potential.
All of this will help you shape your career and turn you into a business leader. Your progression after the scheme is endless, it just depends on where you want to go next.
What we’re looking for
Do you think about helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives? Bupa does, and not only for its customers, but for all its employees. As a global health and care company, everything we do is driven by our purpose. If you share our ambition and you’re equally as passionate about our values and putting customers front and centre, then Bupa is the place to start your Actuarial career.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Numerical based degree, such as (but not limited to) Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Economics.
- Be on track to achieve, or have already achieved, at least a 2.1 in your degree.
- Have achieved an ABB at A- Level or equivalent, with a minimum grade in A -Level Maths (or equivalent).
- Curious and inquisitive, challenging the status quo, flexible and adaptable and tenacious and resilient.
- Effective self-organisation and ability to plan ahead, to complete tasks to deadlines.
- Positive, can-do attitude, pro-active and take the initiative.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with others and influence.
- Strong self-awareness with a drive and commitment to own development.
- Able to take a commercial approach.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of commitment to achieve actuarial professional qualification
To apply, please click below.
You’ll need an up to date CV and to complete our short application form question about your passion for Actuarial and motivation for Bupa.
We’ll review your application and, if successful, you’ll be asked to complete online logical and verbal reasoning ability tests. If you’re successful at this stage, we’ll invite you to complete a video interview where you can really show us your motivation for our values. The final stage of our recruitment process will be an assessment day which is likely to take place virtually.
Benefits of Working Here:
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.