£55K – £62K per annum + fantastic benefits
Flexible/Hybrid working options
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
We always go the extra mile by giving our customers fast access to treatment and helping them get the specialist support they need. At Bupa, you’ll be a part of a fun, social environment as well as making a huge difference for our customers. Expect solid benefits and opportunities to grow.
The Actuarial team shapes the future of our company. With colleagues covering pricing, reserving, modelling and much more they help future proof our business, all the while keeping our customers at the heart of every decision.
An exciting development opportunity has arisen where you will provide technical actuarial support for a variety of projects including analytics that support critical business decisions. We’re looking for an actuarial analyst from any background (GI/Life/Pensions) who’s curious, likes modelling and problem solving.
Responsibilities and activities will vary depending on evolving strategy and priorities within the business but will include the following types of tasks:
- Deliver Standard Formula SCR in accordance with Bupa timetables (Quarterly & Annual) for Bupa Group and relevant solo entities; provide all relevant detailed commentary required for reporting
- Perform analysis and associated investigations to deliver the annual Economic Capital Assessment (ECA) for Bupa Group & relevant solo entities
- Deliver ICS capital requirements calculations and associated commentary annually in line with IAIS Technical Specifications;
- Carrying out analysis and investigations of an actuarial nature, covering topics such as changing risk mix, impact of inflation, customer behaviour, forecasting and development of financial scenarios.
- In all of this work there will be a clear focus on treating customers fairly and ensuring good outcomes for them by ensuring that business risk is well understood and communicated to decision makers.
A typical day will involve extracting, refining and enriching data, building and running models using advanced analytical techniques, interpreting results and providing insight and recommendations. Work will be documented in line with the Technical Actuarial Standards and you’ll contribute to the drafting of reports and presentations for consumption by senior stakeholders.
You will work closely with colleagues in other teams such as Finance, Actuarial Pricing, Reserving, Clinical Policy and Healthcare Analytics on a range of projects and initiatives.
The role holder is expected to have the following experience and qualifications:
- Nearly qualified actuarial student (IFoA or SoA) or recently qualified.
- Strong modelling experience
- ReMetrica software knowledge – advantage, but not essential
- Previous exposure to or interest in capital modelling techniques and reporting including risk calibrations for economic capital or partial/full internal model under Solvency 2
- Proactive mindset, ability to work independent
- A passion for learning, self development and problem solving is vital.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. You will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.