Our corporate pensions team in the UK has enjoyed sustained growth over the last 10 years. As it aims to continue growing its market share, it is seeking ambitious qualified actuaries with strong inter-personal skills to join them as Corporate Pensions Consultants.
We are currently considering candidates to join our team in London.
Your impact as an Actuarial Pensions Consultant (Corporate Consulting);
- As an Actuarial Pensions Consultant within our national corporate pensions team your key responsibilities will involve:
- Advising clients on strategic corporate pensions issues, including benefit design, risk management projects, funding negotiations, as well as pension accounting disclosures.
- Leading relationships with certain clients, with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional services
- Supporting Partners/Principals in serving larger clients and developing those relationships
- Directing/project managing large projects, including FRO/PIE/benefit design exercises
- Taking overall responsibility for quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from the calculation support team as required
- Networking and securing new business within the local market
The role would also offer the flexibility to develop relationships with prospective clients and be involved in national thought leadership.
You bring knowledge and expertise;
As a Pensions Consultant within the corporate pensions team your skills and qualifications will include:
- Qualified actuary, with some post-qualification experience
- Track record in developing client relationships and supporting Partners/Principals with larger clients
- Relevant industry experience (retirement/pensions) and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions with Finance Directors and HR Directors
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
- Experience in advising corporates on strategic pension issues
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive salary and total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 35,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide across 100+ solutions.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.