Job Title – Trainee Actuary
Location – Flexible
Salary – Dependent on Experience
Contract – Permanent
Ageas is underway with several exciting business transformations to prepare us for a technology-driven future. The Actuarial Department is a key part of this – modernising our own way of working, while offering technical expertise to other relevant business areas too.
We are looking for excellent actuaries to join the team and help to take us forward on our exciting journey. We have a variety of work and many avenues to add value to the business, so we are happy to hear from anyone at any level, whatever your interests, and we can discuss together whether it’s the right fit.
If you like the variety and way of organising projects in consultancy, but don’t like the time sheets or the pressure, join us for our forward-thinking way of doing in-house working, and to get your hands on some serious data and do deep dive technical investigations that add value to the business.
If you are already in-house, join us if you are bored of rolling forward Excel spreadsheets and want to improve things and ultimately benefit from working in a team where you get to take responsibility and think through complex problems.
Our main products are Motor and Household, for which we do reserving, claims investigations, and work with Pricing to help inform rating strategy. There is also plenty of transformation and regulatory reporting work, as well as an opportunity to spend time working in Capital through our flexible resourcing model.
What we are looking for:
- People who love to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience in an actuarial role, GI personal lines preferable
- Part, nearly, newly or experienced qualified – happy to hear from you!
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Senior Actuarial Analyst/Actuarial Analyst role at Ageas Insurance:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
- Flexible Working – Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it’s within the UK) and, for many of our roles, flexibility within the working day to manage other commitments, such as school drop offs etc.
- We also offer all our vacancies part-time/job-shares .
- We also offer a minimum of 31 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
- Supporting your Health – Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities – Yoga, Mindfulness.
- Supporting your Wealth – Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
- Supporting you at Work – Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
- Benefits for Them – Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- Getting Around – Car Salary Exchange, Cycle Scheme, Vehicle Breakdown Cover
- Get some Tech – Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
- Supporting you back to work – Return to work programme after maternity leave.
We’re one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We’re a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria). For more information please see Ageas Everyone.
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we’re always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we’re open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements. To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.