Please note: We have immediate start opportunities for candidates that have already graduated, as well as the usual Autumn 2018 starts for current finalists.
Xafinity is an independent, FTSE listed, UK pensions specialist. We combine expertise, insight and technology to protect and enhance the benefits of hundreds of thousands of pension scheme members. We have over 500 clients who tell us that our people are outstanding, proactive, innovative, and relevant. This reputation is based on the personal relationships we form with our clients, underpinned by our outstanding advice.
Xafinity’s aim is to become the pre-eminent mid-tier pensions consulting firm – the best place for people to work, and the best partner for our clients. Our objective is to become the clearly differentiated alternative to the ‘Big 3’ providers. We will remain focused purely on pensions, operating at scale and yet nimbly to provide clients with superior service at better value than our larger rivals.
About the role
Xafinity recruits graduates each year to join our actuarial training program, as it is important to our business to grow and develop this talent.
You will work alongside qualified actuaries and other actuarial students at our offices and will be exposed to a variety of real client issues from the start. You will become a valuable member of a motivated, supportive and sociable team.
Xafinity is small enough to provide an innovative and stimulating atmosphere to its employees but still offering the benefits associated with working for a larger company.
With us, you will develop analytical and communication skills which you will need in order to build a successful career in a challenging field.
In addition, you’ll be studying for your actuarial exams. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way – Xafinity offers an excellent study package to support you as become a qualified actuary.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an independent self-starter with a good academic record, strong communication skills and the potential to deliver excellent service to our clients.
You will have, or be working towards, a good honours degree ideally in maths, economics or a science-based subject. However, we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Of equal importance to academic ability is self-confidence, communication and organisational skills.
In addition our graduates are:
- Passionate about working in the actuarial consultancy field
- Excellent communicators – both verbally and in their written work
- Confident expressing their views
- Hard working, dedicated and able to take responsibility for their work
- Effective organisers and have the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Proactive in their attitude and are quick to learn
- Careful in their work and have a keen attention to detail
- Actively interested in the wider financial and political landscape
What Xafinity will offer you:
We recognise how critical you are to us.
We will accelerate your development through on-the-job training and support for your professional qualification. You will be involved in a wide range of client work from day one and will quickly take ownership of tasks and projects.
You can use your technical skills to develop innovative solutions. We will give you client exposure at an early stage so you can use your communication skills. You’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing debate we have about what we’re doing with our clients, thereby helping influence our future direction.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances. Your reward package will typically include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Xafinity Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Our process consists of an online application, a telephone interview with one of our actuaries, followed by attendance at a Xafinity two-day assessment centre. Please note the dates for our 2017 applications:
- Applications open: Midday on Monday 25th September to midday on Friday 3rd November
- Telephone interviews take place: Monday 16th October to Friday 17th November
- Invites to assessment centre go out from week commencing 20th November
- Assessment centre dates*: Wednesday 29th to Thursday 30th November and Wednesday 6th to Thursday 7th December
*Please note: Our assessment centres last for a day and a half and candidates should attend the whole event