The International Foundation prepares you for direct entry to Year 1 of a science-related undergraduate degree. During the programme you’ll develop relevant subject-specific knowledge and skills in a range of numerical subjects, including Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Accounting and Mathematics at UEA.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your chosen degree through a specialist pathway.
- Guaranteed university placement for all successful students.
- Adapt to studying in the UK thanks to modules designed to equip you with the skills you need for university.
- Guidance with your university applications, so you choose the best degree for you.
What will I study?
All students complete modules tailored to your chosen degree subjects.
- Academic English and Study Skills
- Introduction to Accounting
- Problem Solving for Mathematical Sciences
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in each module. Assessment is designed to help you build on our success and meet the requirements for entry to the first year of a degree. Grades from the International Foundation programme do not count towards the final degree but they help the University assess your abilities in your chosen field of study.
You are assessed by a combination of examination and course work, which may include:
- group and individual research projects
- oral presentations
- seminar discussions
- class tests
- problem solving exercises