We are a fast growing and highly successful independent trustee company working with many household names, as well as smaller organisations. With over 200 clients and over £30 billion invested in them, we provide professional services helping our clients govern and run their pension schemes to the highest standards.
As a trainee scheme manager, your role will vary daily as you get involved in a full range of client issues, and learn the skills to really add a difference to the efficient governance and running of our client’s pension schemes. As a graduate trainee you will be given the opportunity to take on responsibility as early as possible, take an increasing lead role with dealing with the day to day work and becoming the ‘go to’ person for clients.
You’ll provide vital support to the independent trustees and scheme managers on a variety of clients. You will learn about their businesses, the investment and funding of their pension schemes and about the effectiveness of trustee boards.
You will build valuable client experience by supporting senior colleagues preparing for and attending Board meetings and getting involved in a variety of project work. You will build strong relationships with the trustees, advisers, and be ready to answer queries from members about their pension benefits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing activities
- Preparing vital governance documents for client meetings and leading disussions on these at client meetings
- Assisting in the day to day running of pension schemes and proactively managing priortites and workloads to meet client needs
- Contribute to marketing and proposals for new business opportunities
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the efficient running of Trustee meetings
- Using technology to support efficient meetings
- Establish professional, polite and friendly relationship with clients, advisers and colleagues
- Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and senior colleagues around you
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard
- Strong A Levels and Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning, organising and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels from board directors to shop floor workers.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What training and development will I get in my first few years?
An experienced colleague will be your mentor who will help you out with managing your client work, providing training on pension technical information, specific queries or any general thoughts you have.
Alongside your work, you will receive professional training as you study for the Pensions Management Institute exams which will enable you to gain a wide understanding of the many aspects of pensions. This will be fully supported including study days.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply