There have always been plenty of excellent reasons to study actuarial science at Heriot-Watt. After all, we pioneered degrees in the field. Today, we enjoy a worldwide reputation for the quality of our teaching and research. We offer a range of accredited courses from BSc to MSc/Diploma.
The reasons for starting your professional journey with us are much more than academic. We’re certain your experience at Heriot-Watt, both at study and at play, will be unforgettable.
The Sunday Times newspaper agrees. That’s why they named us International university of the year’. Based in beautiful west Edinburgh parkland, we’re within easy reach of the bustling city centre. Which means you’ll have world-renowned attractions and simulating culture on your doorstep. What’s more, you’ll be close to the heart of Scotland’s largest financial hub, where companies such as RBS, Lloyds Banking, Standard Life, Aegon, Mercer and Scottish Widows have a presence. We have graduates in all of them. Perfect.
Heriot-Watt is recognised as a ‘Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries and is the only Center of Actuarial Excellence in Europe.
Our Actuarial programmes are accredited by the institute and faculty of actuaries and many carry exemptions from professional examinations. Our Actuarial Science programmes correspond to six Core Principles Subjects: CB1-2, CM1-2 and CS1-2, while our MSc/Diploma in Actuarial Management offers CP1, CP3 and a choice of up to three SP subjects. There’s the chance for work placements and overseas study too.
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Diploma in Industrial Training
- BSc (Hons) Statistical Date Science
- MSc/Diploma Actuarial Science
- MSc/Diploma Actuarial Management
- MSc/Diploma Financial Mathematics
- MSc/Diploma Quantitative Financial Engineering
- MSc/Diploma Quantitative Financial Risk Management
- MSc/Diploma Actuarial Science and Management
- MSc Stochastic Modelling and Computational Data Science.
Our programmes are designed to get you ready for life in the financial world.View Heriot-Watt University, Department of Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics's Website