An excellent opportunity has arisen to support our UK P&C Actuarial Reserving in the Planning and Insights team. Working collaboratively with a group of c.10 employees to assist Reserving and Planning exercises and communicate/report the UK and its Freedom of Service (FOS) business results internally, to Group and to regulators. The team sits outside of the day to day reserving, with a view across all of the UK results and providing additional top down insights at this level.
Experience in Reserving, IFRS17 and Pillar III reporting (i.e. QRTs and NSTs would be ideal), as would previous exposure to PRA supervision.
There is flexibility in the location of the role, with the Actuarial Reserving team split between London and Fareham, with flexibility to work remotely part of the time.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
What will you be doing?
Work closely with the UK P&C Actuarial Reserving teams to drive forward the Actuarial deliverables required for our existing UK business as follows:
- Report to the Head of Planning & Insight, liaising regularly with the Heads of Reserving to provide support with the reporting and communication of the results on an IFRS17 basis.
- Help to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of internal EMEA, Group and regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. QRTs and NSTs) both to the CBI and PRA.
- Ability to present Planning / UK results to key stakeholders across the business.
- Assist with the UK Actuarial Function Report.
- Clearly highlight, document and explain any assumptions made.
- Collaborate with the Reserving teams, Finance and the Brexit team alongside ZIP Head Office and Group.
- Manage and support junior members of the team.
What are we looking for?
- A nearly/newly qualified actuary, financial accountant or business analyst with a demonstrable level of experience, including experience in IFRS17 and Pillar III regulatory reporting and governance in the UK general insurance sector (i.e. QRTs and NSTs).
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- A high level of numeracy skills and an analytical approach to work is essential.
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, VBA, or other equivalent coding languages of benefit.
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Previous people management experience.
- Professional manner, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Able to cope with change, manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Communicative, with an ability to understand the wider picture.
- Able to use a creative, open-minded and proactive approach.
What happens next?
As an inclusive employer we want to ensure that all candidates feel comfortable and are able to perform at their best during the interview. You’ll have the opportunity to let us know of any reasonable adjustment or practical support needed when you apply.
Who we are:
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great.
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.