As a Property & Casualty (P&C) Risk Actuary, within the Financial Risk and Insights team, you will support financial risk oversight for reserving, reinsurance, proposition development and planning, developing technical skills and a commercial understanding of the market. You will challenge capital adequacy and reserving, engage with the wider Risk team and the business to provide technical risk opinions and promote a culture of sound risk awareness to increase risk identification and mitigation. You will help implement processes and ensure alignment with strategic business objectives and risk appetite.
Ideally you will have some reserving experience and be interested in applying this knowledge in a risk actuarial role, while further developing skills related to capital, Internal Model and a wide variety of other risk-related topics.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
Operate a robust financial risk framework, with close engagement with the wider risk team and the first line business and technical functions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in providing challenge, oversight and risk opinions on reinsurance, reserving, product design, business plan, solvency and capital
- Further develop existing financial Risk Appetite statements and metrics
- Participate in Internal Model validation activities such as reverse stress testing
- Provide support to first line in the use of the Internal Model for business decisions
- Contribute to maintenance of the Internal Model policies and documentation
- Develop stresses and scenarios to test the forward-looking solvency position
- Provide technical support to the ORSA process
- Gain insights and provide challenge on behalf of the risk team at reserving governance fora
- Contribute to regulatory reporting and assist with ad hoc regulatory requests
- Identify and mitigate risks to the business and work to improve quality of processes
- Maintain appropriate level of technical expertise and knowledge of regulations, professional guidance and develop the understanding of UK business and strategy
- Create and maintain strong working relationships within the wider Risk teams, Finance, Propositions, Reinsurance and across the wider UK business and Group
Your skills and experience
- Qualified, or nearly qualified actuary, with P&C background
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of the insurance industry
- Attention to detail with an analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication – both written and interpersonal to liaise with people of different levels in different parts of the business including Group
- Ability to multi-task diverse pieces of work
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Self-motivated, organised and driven to deliver to set deadlines
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks, managing expectations and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint
In return we are offering a salary of c£70,000 depending on experience plus a generous benefits package including;
- 12% Non Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.