An excellent opportunity has arisen to be the reserving actuary within the UK Commercial Insurance Actuarial Reserving team in London. You will be responsible for the output of the quarterly reserving exercise, as well as communicating the results and related insights through to the Head of CI Reserving Actuary, the UK Chief Actuary, and the Commercial Insurance business. You will be responsible for mentoring more junior members of the team and working closely with the Head of CI Reserving Actuary and the CI LOB Actuaries. You will also work on team wide tasks such process improvement, planning and group reporting.
In addition to the traditional reserving aspects of the role, there are opportunities to support on various projects including supporting the Brexit transition, the IFRS 17 reporting into the current reserving processes and process improvements. This will include explaining new metrics and unfamiliar concepts.
Using your strong analytical skills and business acumen, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuaries, as well as liaising with other areas of the business, including Finance, Claims and Underwriting.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- With minimal supervision, help ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Group and regulatory requirements.
- Providing support to the Head of CI Reserving Actuary with reporting and communication of the results.
- Providing support to the business functions, including Underwriting, Pricing and Claims.
- Driving discussions and production of the business plan with a focus on loss ratios.
- Providing technical advice and counsel within the Actuarial team and to the wider Finance team, when required.
- Providing guidance and support for team members.
- Supporting and advising Finance, market-facing business units, and other functions on reserving and strategic business decisions.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified actuary, with 7+ year experience in P&C Actuarial, ideally in a Commercial Insurance setting.
- At least a basic SQL and/or other coding experience would be desirable, as well as familiarity with ResQ and PowerBI
- Experience in IFRS17 is desirable.
- A high level of numeracy skills and an analytical approach to work is essential.
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and driven to deliver to set deadlines.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% non contributory DC pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.