An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Actuary to join the P&C Capital Actuarial team. This is a rewarding role, supporting the Head of Capital in delivering a wide range of responsibilities.
The role will require active engagement with the wider business departments and therefore an understanding of GI Business is essential, in addition to experience in senior stakeholder management.
Using your strong analytical skills and business acumen, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuaries.
There is flexibility in the location of the role, with the Actuarial team split between London and Fareham
The role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Work closely with the UK P&C Actuarial Capital team to drive forward the Actuarial deliverables which are captured below:
- Support capital management and capitalisation activities e.g. management actions
- Produce SCR and own funds projections and capital planning.
- Delivery of Solvency II regulatory capital analysis and reporting requirements including quarterly and annual model change reports.
- Produce and validate PRA submissions and reporting.
- Produce and present regulatory capital and capital use analyses to Senior stakeholders and committees.
- Support the production and use of other applicable internal models within the Group e.g. SST, economic model etc.
- Support embedding the model into the business and model use including risk based return in product strategy, reinsurance purchase, strategic asset allocation etc.
- Perform parameterisation and diagnostics and document approach, analyses and selections.
- Presenting parameterisation outcome and results to Product reserving and pricing heads and risk owners.
- Liaising with the Group capital and risk teams on modelling and parameterisation and supporting their reviews.
- Produce ad-hoc modelling and capital analyses as required. Support additional reporting requiring capital management input e.g. RSR/ORSA/AFR etc.
- Supervise junior members (one) of the team. Supervise the members of the reserving team during the Premium and Reserve Risk parameterisation process.
- Liaising with local reserving, pricing, underwriting, finance and risk teams on a regular basis.
- Support model changes and development if any.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary.
- Experience in capital modelling with Any PRA/Lloyd’s regulatory experience desirable.
- Quick grasp of different models, codes and processes and commercial acumen.
- Experience of designing and reviewing processes and creating/updating the associated documentation
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders across the actuarial team, the UK business and contacts at the regional office.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% Non Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.
If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.