An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Actuary to join the P&C Capital Actuarial team. This is a rewarding role, supporting the Head of Capital in delivering a wide range of responsibilities.
The role will require active engagement with the wider business departments and therefore an understanding of GI Business is essential, in addition to experience in senior stakeholder management.
Using your strong analytical skills and business acumen, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuaries.
There is flexibility in the location of the role, with the Actuarial team split between London and Fareham
The role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Work closely with the UK P&C Actuarial Capital team to drive forward the Actuarial deliverables which are captured below:
- Support capital management and capitalisation activities e.g. management actions
- Produce SCR and own funds projections and capital planning.
- Delivery of Solvency II regulatory capital analysis and reporting requirements including quarterly and annual model change reports.
- Produce and validate PRA submissions and reporting.
- Produce and present regulatory capital and capital use analyses to Senior stakeholders and committees.
- Support the production and use of other applicable internal models within the Group e.g. SST, economic model etc.
- Support embedding the model into the business and model use including risk based return in product strategy, reinsurance purchase, strategic asset allocation etc.
- Perform parameterisation and diagnostics and document approach, analyses and selections.
- Presenting parameterisation outcome and results to Product reserving and pricing heads and risk owners.
- Liaising with the Group capital and risk teams on modelling and parameterisation and supporting their reviews.
- Produce ad-hoc modelling and capital analyses as required. Support additional reporting requiring capital management input e.g. RSR/ORSA/AFR etc.
- Supervise junior members (one) of the team. Supervise the members of the reserving team during the Premium and Reserve Risk parameterisation process.
- Liaising with local reserving, pricing, underwriting, finance and risk teams on a regular basis.
- Support model changes and development if any.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary.
- Experience in capital modelling, ideally with any PRA/Lloyd’s regulatory experience
- Quick grasp of different models, codes and processes and commercial acumen.
- Experience of designing and reviewing processes and creating/updating the associated documentation
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders across the actuarial team, the UK business and contacts at the regional office.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure
What happens next?
As an inclusive employer we want to ensure that all candidates feel comfortable and are able to perform at their best during the interview. You’ll have the opportunity to let us know of any reasonable adjustment or practical support needed when you apply.
Who we are:
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great.
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.