Are you ready to create a brighter future together?
At Zurich our brand purpose is exactly that, to create a brighter future together for our customers, our partners, employees and the planet. It’s a promise that for our customers we will put their needs at the heart of everything we do, for our employees lets grow and develop together, for our partners – lets collaborate together to create mutual value and for the planet lets drive positive impact by integrating our sustainability work into how we do business.
Do you want to work for a large global insurer that values both its customers and employees? This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a range of skills you will require to be successful as a qualified actuary all whilst learning from the best in the industry. Along with a generous study support you will be able to rotate and broaden your experience across the different Life Actuarial functions.
What can I look forward to?
As an Actuarial graduate you’ll play a pivotal role in our business working alongside some of the most qualified actuaries and analysts in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to work in multiple actuarial teams to aid in your understanding. Within the life business you will work on life, health, pension, and investment products. This could include pricing new or existing products, providing actuarial support for group-wide projects, financial risk management and modelling, or reserving and financial reporting. You will use a variety of data processing tools. You will present and communicate results to key and senior stakeholders.
To help guide you through your early experiences we run a mentoring scheme to help give you advice with structuring your exam and revision time. This is all underpinned by a comprehensive support programme including – membership and examination fees, study materials, tutorials and up to 50 days paid study leave a year.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a company that is passionate about sustainability and our customers, you can expect:
- £31,000 starting salary
- An excellent study support scheme
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- 12% company pension contribution
- Annual company bonus
- Discounted gym membership, discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
In return you’ll be joining a business where creating a brighter, more sustainable future underpins all that we do here in Zurich. We’re also passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we have won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture.
What you’ll need:
- A 2:1 degree or higher (predicted or recently achieved) in any numerical or STEM undergraduate discipline
- A least 112 UCAS points – (or equivalent) from 3 A-level subjects which must include Maths at grade A
- A** to C grade (9 to 4) in Maths and English GCSE
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, the ability to learn new technical skills and be comfortable with large amounts of data
- Willingness to work towards achieving FIA – Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries professional qualification
Here, you’ll have every opportunity to use your drive and enthusiasm to innovate the future of Zurich where different opinions are valued, personal needs are respected, and opportunity is equal for all.
So, make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for usVisit Website for More Information and to Apply