Are you ready to create a brighter future together?
At Zurich our brand purpose is exactly that, to create a brighter future together for our customers, our partners, employees and the planet. It’s a promise that for our customers we will put their needs at the heart of everything we do. For our employees – let’s grow and develop together, for our partners – let’s collaborate together to create mutual value, and for the planet – let’s drive positive impact by integrating our sustainability work into how we do business.
Our Programme is specifically designed for university undergraduate students, offering the opportunity to transfer skills learnt from university, whilst gaining practical experience in the workplace. You will work projects and initiatives that will have a real impact on our business.
Do you want to work alongside some of the most qualified actuaries and analysts in the industry? You’ll be learning from some of our most talented colleagues, all of whom are eager to inspire and guide you to be your best.
Your industrial placement programme will give you a taste of what life at Zurich could be like in one of our graduate roles. Successful completion of your placement programme could lead to you being offered a place on one of our graduate programmes.
What can I look forward to?
Within our General Insurance business, which looks after all non-life products such as Motor, Property and Liability, there are two sub streams.
- In the actuarial reserving team, you’ll be calculating the expected level of future claims. By applying statistical techniques, analysing trends as well as experience against expectations, communicating business insight and estimating capital requirements you’ll become a valuable member of the reserving function.
- In the actuarial pricing team, you’ll help to set the prices for the insurance policies we sell by calculating which risk characteristics lead to higher or lower expected claims costs. As part of this you’ll find yourself analysing profitability, improving approaches to customer segmentation, and developing market-leading pricing technology.
As an Actuarial student, you’ll get stuck in right from the start, supported by some of the most qualified actuaries and analysts in the industry. We’ll look to you to identify and quantify risk, and to make that happen, you’ll learn how to analyse data, assess risks and build models that will drive intelligent decision-making. You will learn directly from senior colleagues who will help to advise and develop your understanding of practical actuarial solutions.
And to ensure you have the best start, a dedicated buddy will be on hand to support you throughout your programme. Our Industrial placement scheme is a 12-month programme, likely start will be mid-late June.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a company that is passionate about sustainability and our customers, you can expect:
- £19,500 salary
- An excellent study support scheme
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- 12% company pension contribution
- Annual company bonus
- Discounted gym membership, discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
In return you’ll be joining a business where creating a brighter, more sustainable future underpins all that we do here in Zurich. We’re also passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we have won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture.
What you’ll need:
- Be in your penultimate year of study and on course to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree (or the equivalent) in any STEM subject
- At least 112 UCAS points – (or equivalent) from 3 A-level subjects which must include Maths at grade A
- A* to C grade (9 to 4) in Maths and English GCSE
- An analytical approach to work
- A genuine desire to learn the skills you need to start a dynamic career as an actuary
You’ll need to decide on your single choice of programme when you submit your application, so please take time to make sure you’ve chosen the one that is right for you.
Here, you’ll have every opportunity to use your drive and enthusiasm to innovate the future of Zurich where different opinions are valued, personal needs are respected, and opportunity is equal for all. So, make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.