Contribute to the delivery of actuarial outputs (this includes production and analysis of actuarial results, investigations, actuarial modelling and pricing disciplines), to required level of accuracy, following Group and Professional quality and control standards and delivering to the agreed timescales.
- Assist in the production of actuarial information and analysis, by following established processes, ensuring results are delivered on time and are subject to management review
- Model Development – Build and test new actuarial model coding, streamlining existing coding where appropriate, to meet specifications of functionality and performance. [For modelling roles]
- Model Production – Execute model production runs for monthly and bi-annual financial reporting. [For modelling roles]
- Maintain and update relevant process, models and spreadsheets with management guidance.
- With management support, ensure that work produced conforms to relevant team controls framework and Technical Actuarial Standards.
- Develop own actuarial knowledge to support the development of the business via a combination of on-the-job training, rotation to different actuarial roles, internal and external technical training and progress with actuarial exams
Skills & Experience required
- Actuarial, Mathematical or related Post Graduate degree.
- Newly or recently recruited Actuarial student studying for actuarial exams.
- Some developing knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Potential to develop Leadership behaviours and progress to more senior actuarial roles.