Our client the largest global provider of professional business services has an opportunity for an Actuarial Associate Director in either their Manchester of Leeds offices, to join their well established pensions team to help meet their ambitious targets for growth. The team provide a full range of pension services to a portfolio of defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension schemes on both the Trustee and Corporate side.
The successful candidate will be based in either the Manchester or Leeds office yet working for an employer that embraces an agile working platform both formal and informal and a basis that is best suited to their employees and clients.
From the outset you’ll enjoy exposure to a broad and varied client base, enabling you to increase your market knowledge across a wide range of industries and as an Actuarial Associate Director you will have responsibility for:
- Completing actuarial calculations for both Trustee and Corporate clients
- Working on challenging projects for high-profile clients
- Working with the wider company team including audit teams
- Participate in range of service offerings and have the opportunity to specialise
- Take on a client facing role with increasing responsibility for client service.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Be self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-moving environment;
- Have good presence and strong communication skills;
- Be able to work within a team and where appropriate, to manage client relationships (both internal and external); and
- Have solid technical skills and a focused commercial attitude.
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of defined benefit pension workstreams or projects, in a consulting or in-house environment;
- Exposure to actuarial services to trustees and / or corporate sponsors
- Excellent facilitation and communication skill
- Experience of managing client relationships
- The ability or willingness to contribute to business development
- Newly qualified or close to completing actuarial qualification or equivalent
In return as well as a very competitive basic salary and core benefits package, the very generous additional flexible benefit allowance allows you to buy additional holiday, medical, dental and travel insurance.