Mantle Software Development Role
Veratta is a leading data management and technology business currently operating primarily in the defined benefit pension market. Veratta markets and supports our unique software, Mantle. Following significant growth over the past 2 years the Board have identified significant market opportunity and are looking to develop additional services and further expand. The business is therefore now looking for a Junior Software Developer. The successful candidate will be a competent Python Programmer with good Linux System Administration experience.
The role will have responsibility for:
- Design and implementation of Mantle automated testing
- Use automated testing system to improve test coverage
- Work with the team to deploy tests as integrated part of Mantle continuous integration pipeline
- Improve documentation of existing tests
Essential Professional Competence
- Competent Python Programmer
- Good Linux System Administration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Display flexibility / flexible approach to workload
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to develop working relationships with managers and respond to client queries
- Excellent Attention to detail
Behavioural competencies for the role
- Strategic Thinking
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Planned Approach
- Professional Approach
Salary: Competitive based upon relevant experience
37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday. The role holder will be required to work unsociable and additional hours at times for the completion of projects as and when required.
The role holder may be required to travel throughout the UK from time to time and this may involve overnight stays.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of appointment.