This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Pricing Manager or a Senior Pricing Analyst looking to make an impact as a Technically focused Manager.
You will develop and improve their management skills by leading the Pricing Analysis department of a top UK general insurer.
Key duties of the Pricing Manager include:
- Maintaining and improving risk models, prioritising a range of data science techniques, as well as reporting processes and monitoring pricing performance
- Advance the adoption of the latest data science & statistical techniques across pricing & underwriting
- Develop reporting structures to monitor pricing performance in an automated fashion
- Develop innovative solutions to improve rating accuracy/efficiency
- Support delivery of pricing & underwriting business plan across Motor & Home portfolios
- Research and leverage new and existing data sources; capturing and explaining trends with innovative data features
- Explore different ways to categorise & model claims cost to improve view of risk
- Clearly communicate results and proposed actions to key decision makers across the business
- Champion and facilitate automation of reporting, data pipelines and quality assurance
- Manage, coach and mentor team members, driving a culture of development and excellence across the team
- Collaborate with peers in pricing, underwriting and data science
The organisation is looking to hire a Pricing Manager who has:
- Experience managing general insurance products and/or pricing teams, including knowledge of current trends and issues in motor or home pricing
- Experience with some of the following predictive modelling techniques; Logistic Regression, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Neural Nets and Clustering
- Experience in statistical and data science programming languages (e.g. R, Python, PySpark, SAS, SQL)
- A good quantitative degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science)
- Experience of WTW’s Radar software is preferred
- Proficient at communicating results in a concise manner both verbally and written
- Good communication, people management skills with personality and sense of humour
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and develop
- Logical thinker with a professional and positive attitude
- Passion to innovate, improve processes and challenge the norm
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Pricing Manager role, please click below to apply now. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.