Actuarial Function Holder sought for a leading London Market insurer. You will be the Actuarial Function Holder for a large part of our clients business and work extensively with the regulator, as well as a wide range of internal stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Non-Life Actuary who has a good understanding of the London Market and has experience of either Reserving or Capital.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Function Holder:
- As the Actuarial Function Holder you can expect to liaise with a range of stakeholders across Actuarial, Finance and the wider leadership team.
- Working closely with the external regulator, including spending time with the regulator face to face.
- As the Actuarial Function Holder you will have autonomy to deep dive into a range of areas across Actuarial to ensure best practice.
- The role will also include involvement in and coordination of a number of activities from the second line perspective, including inflation management and stress and scenario testing.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers for the function that they are supporting. Deliver alongside the actuarial business plan.
- Participate in all business meetings as required to understand and support business requirements.
Key Experience of the Actuarial Function Holder:
- Significant London Market Reserving and/or Capital experience
- Experience with a LM Insurer or Consultancy preferred
- Comfortable dealing with board level stakeholders
- Effective communication, report writing and presenting
- Ability to persuade and influence both directly and indirectly
- Ability to manage effectively
- Ability to produce detailed reports at various levels
If you are excited about the prospect of becoming the Actuarial Function Holder at a leading London Market insurer then please apply with your CV below.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.