Your role at a glance
We’re looking for graduates who can answer “yes” to the above for our September 2021 Actuarial Graduate Scheme. If you’re successful, you’ll join Legal & General’s well-regarded actuarial community, which plays a pivotal role in our continued success.
What you’ll be doing
If you are successful you will join one of the actuarial teams and depending on what team you join you could be involved in:
- Performing actuarial investigations and calculations to produce profitability information and management reports for our products.
- Managing the production of regular experience investigations for our products in order to understand the impact of changes in mortality, morbidity, expenses and persistency.
- Delivering the company and statutory financial reporting results to tight deadlines, including the supporting commentary.
- Collecting and analysing market data to provide insight and aide the pricing actuaries in setting insurance prices.
- Summarising performance of insurance products to present to senior management to aid in decision making.
- Support the actuaries in product developments, commercial deals and pricing innovations.
What we’re looking for
First and foremost, we are looking for people with an inquisitive mind and a desire to learn. We’re not expecting prior industry experience, but we’ll want to see that you have the tools to develop quickly. These include:
- 2.1 Degree in any subject
- An A-Level in Maths is essential but depending on what graduate scheme you are applying to, we require an A or B. We realise that some of you would like to apply for multiple roles so ask that you only submit one application to be reviewed against the different schemes.
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and a team-player
- High levels of energy, dynamism and commitment
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world’s largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we’re a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term – for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we’re committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
About the business area
Our rotational programme means that you could be working in any of our divisions which include Group, Legal & General Insurance (LGI), Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI), Legal & General Retail Retirement (LGRR) and Legal & General Capital (LGC). Wherever you are placed you will be delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
How To Find Out More
Bringing out the best in you
We believe that good businesses are built on doing the right thing and strive to do what is best for both our people and our customers. This means, enabling you to bring your best self to work by giving you what you need, when you need it.
This is why we have designed a process that puts you in control, because we recognise your time is valuable. At each step, make sure you take time to pause and reflect before progressing to the next, as each subsequent step will ask for a bit more of your time.
We want you to feel comfortable that this process is as fair and inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need an accommodation for any disability.
At each step we will give more information and clear instructions on what actions you need to take. You will be screened at each of these steps. In brief our recruitment process will include:
The application to this role asking you to upload your CV, application questions, completion of info to assess your eligibility based on A-Level grades and degree, online testing (Situational Judgement and General Ability), phone calls with our team, a recorded video interview, virtual networking opportunity with our existing grads and an assessment centre (line manager interview, a presentation, a group exercise).
Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.