Your role at a glance
Are you looking for a graduate role that is technically challenging? Do you want a future that allows you to develop commercial acumen alongside your technical skills? Are you keen to have the opportunity to progress in a breadth of roles – technical or business?
We are looking for graduates who can answer “yes” to the above for our 2022 Actuarial Graduate Program. If you are successful you will join Legal & General’s well-regarded actuarial community, which plays a pivotal role in our continued success.
What you’ll be doing
Actuarial work is central to ensuring a profitable, well run insurance business and your work will support the success of a FTSE 100 company. Our actuaries work throughout the business measuring, predicting and managing areas of the business with the aim of giving its customers ‘value for money’. Every 18-24 months you will rotate through a number of different business areas, developing your professional network and expanding on your quantitative and qualitative skills whilst you study towards professional qualification.
If you are successful you will join one of the actuarial teams and depending on what team you join you could be involved in:
- Performing actuarial investigations and calculations to produce profitability information and management reports for our products.
- Managing the production of regular experience investigations for our products in order to understand the impact of changes in mortality, morbidity, expenses and persistency.
- Delivering the company and statutory financial reporting results to tight deadlines, including the supporting commentary.
- Collecting and analysing market data to provide insight and aide the pricing actuaries in setting insurance prices.
- Summarising performance of insurance products to present to senior management to aid in decision making.
- Support the actuaries in product developments, commercial deals and pricing innovations.
What we’re looking for
First and foremost, we are looking for people with an inquisitive mind and a desire to learn. We’re not expecting prior industry experience, but we’ll want to see that you have the tools to develop quickly. These include:
- 2.1 Degree in any subject
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and a team-player
- High levels of energy, dynamism and commitment
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
Please note, we can only accept 1 application per person across all of our graduate programs. Therefore, please think carefully about the program you intend to apply for. Your first application will be considered as your only application.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply