Goodman Masson are working with a prestigious Life Insurance client who are seeking to recruit an Underwriting and Pricing Business Manager to join their team.
As part of the Underwriting & Products Team, you will work on the development, approval, and monitoring of insurance products with a focus on the pricing and underwriting performance. Within the team, you will manage the development of internal MI dashboards and support the team in analysing data relating to each product, including pricing and conduct risk and reaching out to stakeholders with analysis on developments within the products they underwrite.
Responsibilities will include:
- Challenge pricing models, product definitions, and data analytic techniques used during the product approval process
- Challenge MI dashboards from departments to identify inadequate, alternative or additional UW rating criteria and validate the estimation of the existing ratings for existing products
- Provide feedback on the underwriting and pricing of business during the product review process
- Develop close working relationships with stakeholders
- Provide reports on Underwriting and Product performance for senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in personal lines pricing roles
- Data analytics experience with relevant software training
- Analytical abilities and organisation
- Knowledge of Power BI (or other visualisation tools)
- Knowledge of R and Python
In return, the client will provide a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.