You’ll be joining the Actuarial team which operates as a key part of the business. The team focusses on understanding the market it operates in and the possible opportunities that may be available. Understanding its business and customers also forms a central element of the team.
Key Duties (Including, but not limited to):
- You will be the Actuarial Data Lead in the team and be responsible for developing actuarial data analytical capabilities to support the areas of pricing, financial reporting and other management information needs
- Engage, liaise and discuss with relevant stakeholders both from within the team and beyond to understand requirements and develop solutions to support key business initiatives
- Develop and deepen understanding of pricing dynamics in the UK life protection market to support and achieve optimal pricing for the business
- Develop new techniques and deepen understanding of business experience, feeding insights back into innovating and developing the actuarial basis for pricing and valuation activities
- Deepen understanding of business risks, feeding insights back into relevant committees and stakeholders
- Provide support for regular reporting of key business metrics, making suggestions and improvements to techniques and reports
- Oversee the transformation of the actuarial dataset, to ensure it remains efficient and fit for purpose as the dataset grows
- Meet all legal and regulatory standards and data reporting requirements around GDPR
- Adhere to business and actuarial governance
- Degree in a numerate field e.g. Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Data or Computer Science etc.
- Knowledge of data modelling preferably through handling of complex data models and schemas
- Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Python, Java etc. including SQL
- Knowledge of reporting/visualisation tools such as Tableau, ggplot, plotly, Shiny etc.
- Knowledge of developing models, reports and dashboards in Microsoft PowerBI
- Knowledge of GitHub for version and access control