Would you like to be part of a growing firm where you can make a difference? Are you driven to fulfil your potential and motivated to build strong relationships with clients and team members? If the answer is yes, we’d love to hear from you!
Barnett Waddingham is a leading independent UK professional services consultancy advising on risk, pensions, investment and insurance. With over 1500 people across 9 offices, our culture is based on providing all of our clients with a high quality, professional service through strong personal relationships and tailored solutions. We are wholly owned by Partners so we can take a longer-term view. We are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working for a leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. To achieve this – and further support our continued growth as an independent, resilient and evergreen business – we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic graduates who value the chance to join our graduate programme.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive firm, which maintains its core value or Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect. We have a supportive structure in place to help you manage your work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond. Look at what graduates, who recently joined us have to say:
“I joined Barnett Waddingham as part of the 2019 graduate intake, and ever since I started at the firm, I have felt a valued member of the team and have been well supported in my work. The company’s culture centres around doing the right thing this shines through in the way BW is committed to supporting clients, but also in how BW puts emphasis on staff wellbeing and development.”
“Barnett Waddingham offer a very generous study support package that provides me with the time off work and resources I need to study effectively for my exams. I also get continued support from my study mentor, who provides me with advice on the best way to prepare for my exams.”
CFA/IFOA Investment Graduate programme
All of our graduates get early opportunities to work directly with clients and plenty of training to develop their technical and communication skills.
Our Investment Consultants will be working on the following tasks:
- Providing investment advice and services to a range of organisations, including pension schemes, local authorities, endowment funds, charities and high net worth families.
- No one day is the same for our trainee – you will gain exposure in a wide variety of areas including producing and presenting tailored investment advice and carrying out technical analysis
- An opportunity to get involved in investment research which underpins our ability to provide client with the advice they need.
Our trainee consultants develop a broad, transferable skillset which covers both technical and consulting matters. You will also have opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and to develop your softer skills.
Who are we looking for?
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree, A at A-Level Maths and Level 6 at GCSE English Language (or other equivalent qualifications), we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills.
Once you submit your CV and pass the eligibility criteria stage you will be invited to complete the cognitive test and the application form. (PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM REGULARLY!) The application form is an important part of the process as we will get an idea of your motivations and interest in working at Barnett Waddingham. You will be able to find lots of hints & tips with regards to completing the application form online, but for ease we’ve outlined a few below:
- Focus on answering the questions and avoid being too vague.
- Do your research on BW and know about the professional qualifications that we offer.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the role.
- Ensure your spelling and grammar is correct.
- Please use the correct terminology ie. I want to work as an Actuary instead of I want to work as an Actuarial or I want to work in Actuary
The recruitment process takes place throughout the summer and we’re organising all our assessment days in November 2022. In some locations we may recruit through to early next year.
What’s in it for you?
- Your progression: We offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the necessary tools and skills. We also offer study support for relevant professional qualification.
- Wellbeing: Employee wellbeing has always been important to us, and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business.
- Benefits package: We offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it’s important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness. For example, flexible annual leave scheme which gives you the opportunity to buy more holiday, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
- WorkSmart: Throughout the lockdowns and beyond, we have recognised that the ways many of our clients and people would like to work has changed. We have seized this unique opportunity to proactively review and improve the way we work for the better. Through our “WorkSmart” programme, launched in September 2020, we have actively looked at the wider business market to help identify the best ways of working and have engaged with our employees to obtain their opinions. Please do therefore let us know if you are interested in one of our vacancies even if you do not live near the offices listed above.
- Corporate Social Investment: As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities. Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. For example, employees are entitled to one paid volunteering day per year and matched funding, up to £250 per year, when raising money for or donating to a recognised charity.