Barnett Waddingham is a leading independent UK professional services consultancy advising on risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Our culture is based on providing all of our clients with a high-quality, professional service through strong personal relationships and tailored solutions. We are wholly owned by Partners so we can take a longer-term view. We are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working for a leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. To achieve this – and further support our continued growth as an independent, resilient and evergreen business – we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic graduates who value the chance to join our graduate programme.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive firm, which maintains its core value of Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect. We have a supportive structure in place to help you manage your work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond. Look at what a graduate who recently joined us has to say:
“I joined Barnett Waddingham as part of the 2019 graduate intake, and ever since I started at the firm I have felt a valued member of the team and have been well supported in my work. The company’s culture centres around doing the right thing this shines through in the way BW is committed to supporting clients, but also in how BW puts emphasis on staff wellbeing and development.”
All of our graduates get early opportunities to work directly with clients and plenty of training to develop their technical and communication skills. Our graduates have the opportunity to join one of the following areas of the firm:
- The Actuarial team provides a variety of actuarial services to defined benefit pension schemes
- We help our clients understand and manage risks and considerations associated with running their pension scheme
- As well as traditional services offered, there are opportunities to be involved in building up our capabilities in other exciting areas of the firm
- One example is data analytics work, which involves us using client management data to make sense, model impact and deliver recommendations on business opportunities
- The Insurance and Longevity Consulting (ILC) team provides market-leading advice and support covering actuarial, investment, longevity and risk management projects.
- Graduates joining the ILC team will swiftly gain relevant business and actuarial knowledge, which may be used in combination with software and coding skills.
- Our growing client base covers a broad range of life and general insurance firms, from captive insurers and friendly societies to FTSE 100 companies and Lloyd’s syndicates, as well as regulators and industry bodies.
- The Investment team provides investment advice and services to a range of organisations including pension schemes, local authorities, endowment funds, charities and high-net-worth families.
- No one day is the same for our trainee – you will gain exposure in a wide variety of areas including producing and presenting tailored investment strategy advice and carrying out technical analysis
- Opportunity to get involved in the investment research which underpins our ability to provide clients with the advice they need.
In all areas, our trainee consultants develop a broad, transferable skillset which covers both technical and consulting matters. You will also have opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and to develop your softer skills.
Our graduates will start professional exams through the institute faculty of Actuaries (IFOA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
Who are we looking for?
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree, A at A-Level Maths and Level 6 at GCSE English Language (or other equivalent qualifications), we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills.