Trainee Actuarial Consultant – Insurance & Longevity
Barnett Waddingham is the UK’s largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services. We are a partner led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated advice and consultancy. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working for a leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. Our continuing growth means we are looking to expand with motivated graduates who value the chance to join the partnership in due course.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive firm, which maintains its core values of Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect. We have a supportive job structure and work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout your career graduate programme and beyond.
Our Graduate Scheme
No two days are ever the same at Barnett Waddingham, as a firm employing over 1,270 people across 8 offices in the UK, the Insurance & Longevity Consulting Business area provides consultancy services to the Life and General insurance markets. Our clients range from small niche providers to FTSE 100 insurers, predominantly based in the UK. It is the fastest growing area within Barnett Waddingham and has significant support to continue to grow.
Who we are looking for
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree and A at A-Level Maths, we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills. Developing your consultancy and numerical skills requires time for studying and monetary support towards exam materials, which is why our study package encompasses this and much more.
What we offer
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- Flexible annual leave scheme which gives you the opportunity to buy more holiday, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career development – making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity