Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Public Sector Consulting provides actuarial and benefit consultancy services to UK Public Sector Pension Schemes, primarily the Local Government Pension Scheme. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people.
This role can be based in our Cheltenham or Glasgow office.
- Client management – Taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines.
- Team management – Checking a range of member and employer calculations
- Research and development – Understanding requirements of LGPS Regulations, actuarial standards and other guidance
- Technical skills – Proposing valuation assumptions and discussing with Partner and/or client
- Business development – Assisting with new business pitches
- Be a qualified Actuary and comply with CPD regime.
- Be a team player.
- IT skills to perform all aspects of work efficiently.
- Developing presentation skills to larger audiences, and able to host meeting.
- High professionalism skills.
What’s in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus (up to 15%)
- Life assurance
- Group Income ProtectionPrivate Medical Cover
- 25 days holiday as standard with up to 30 days holiday per year with holiday tradingA generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment, you only have to contribute a minimum of 1%
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- Sports Allowance where we pay up to 50% of your gym/sports membership (*up to £50 per month)
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, subsidised gym memberships, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- Paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the “Give as You Earn” option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP – they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it’s important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, and marriage and civil partnerships. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field. We recognise that diversity today means more than race and gender. This is why we created an environment where a variety of different voices are encouraged and heard through our employee network groups. The groups work together to build an inclusive and diverse place for us all to work. We have attained the Disability Confident Committed status and are actively working towards the next level, Disability Confident Employer.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.