Barnett Waddingham is a leading independent UK professional services consultancy advising on risk, pensions, investment and insurance. With over 1500 people across 9 offices, our culture is based on providing all of our clients with a high quality, professional service through strong personal relationships and tailored solutions. We are wholly owned by Partners so we can take a longer-term view. We are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working for a leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. To achieve this – and further support our continued growth as an independent, resilient and evergreen business – we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic graduates who value the chance to join our graduate programme.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive firm, which maintains its core value or Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect. We have a supportive structure in place to help you manage your work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond. Look at what graduates, who recently joined us have to say:
“I joined Barnett Waddingham as part of the 2019 graduate intake, and ever since I started at the firm I have felt a valued member of the team and have been well supported in my work. The company’s culture centres around doing the right thing this shines through in the way BW is committed to supporting clients, but also in how BW puts emphasis on staff wellbeing and development.”
“Barnett Waddingham offer a very generous study support package that provides me with the time off work and resources I need to study effectively for my exams. I also get continued support from my study mentor, who provides me with advice on the best way to prepare for my exams.”
In our Investment team you’ll be involved in the following:
- The Investment Consulting team provides investment advice and services to a range of organisation including pension schemes, local authorities, endowment funds, charities and high net worth families.
- No one day is the same for our trainees – you will gain exposure in a wide variety of areas including producing and presenting tailored investment strategy advice and carrying out technical analysis
- Opportunity to get involved in the investment research which underpins our ability to provide clients with the advice they need.
Who are we looking for?
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree, A at A-Level Maths and Level 6 at GCSE English Language (or other equivalent qualifications), we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills.
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the “Give as You Earn” option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP – they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it’s important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, and marriage and civil partnerships. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field. We recognise that diversity today means more than race and gender. This is why we created an environment where a variety of different voices are encouraged and heard through our employee network groups. The groups work together to build an inclusive and diverse place for us all to work. We have attained the Disability Confident Committed status and are actively working towards the next level, Disability Confident Employer.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.