Are you looking for a challenging, varied career in the Professional Services industry?
Do you have great attention to detail, strong communication skills and ambition to progress through a successful organisation?
If the answer is “Yes” why not apply for our BW Graduate Programme and become part of our award winning business.
Barnett Waddingham is a leading independent UK professional services consultancy advising on risk, pensions, investment, and insurance. With over 1500 people across 9 offices, our culture is based on providing all of our clients with a high quality, professional service through strong personal relationships and tailored solutions. We are wholly owned by Partners so we can take a longer-term view. We are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working for a leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. To achieve this – and further support our continued growth as an independent, resilient and evergreen business – we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic graduates who value the chance to join our graduate programme.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive firm, which maintains its core value of Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect. We have a supportive structure in place to help you manage your work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond. Look at what a recent graduate, who recently joined us has to say:
My first three months at Barnett Waddingham have been amazing. All the way through the recruitment process and into the role, everyone I have met has been friendly and helpful, making the recruitment process, and settling into the role, easy. The wider BW team fully encapsulates all the ethics and qualities they proudly talk about, and it has been refreshing to be a part of such a great workplace culture. Since starting I have learnt lots, been pushed forwards, given real responsibility, and always helped when needed. I would truly recommend BW to anyone, at any point in their career as one of the best places to work.
The Barnett Waddingham Graduate programme
All our graduates get early opportunity to work directly with clients and plenty of training to develop their technical and communication skills. Our Graduate Programme is in one specific business area and this year we are recruiting graduates across Pension Administration, Employer Consulting and Pension and Executive Management Services. To give you an idea of the work involved in the different business area, please find a snapshot below:
Our graduates develop a broad, transferable skillset which covers both technical and consulting matters. You will also have opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and to develop your softer skills.
Who are we looking for?
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:2 degree and a strong interest to work and advance a career within the professional services industry. We require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have good communication skills.
As graduate you’ll be developing through the business by learning on the job, but ultimately important is working towards a professional qualification. The matrix below will give you an idea of the professional qualifications that we offer our graduates across Pension Administration, Employer Consulting and Pension & Executive Management Services.
Once you submit your CV and pass the eligibility criteria stage you will be invited to complete an application form. The application form is an important part of the process as we will get an idea of your motivations and interest in working at Barnett Waddingham. You will be able to find lots of hints & tips with regards to completing the application form online, but for ease we’ve outlined a few below:
- Focus on answering the questions and avoid being too vague.
- Do your research on BW and make sure you demonstrate this in your answers.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the role.
- Ensure your spelling and grammar is correct.
The recruitment process takes place throughout the spring and we’ll be organising assessment days over the summer. Please note, for some offices we will be recruiting on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you’re ready.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
What’s in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the “Give as You Earn” option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP – they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it’s important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.