Graduate Actuarial Consultant
Are you a proactive problem solver confident in driving new ideas forward?
Do you have strong communication skills?
Do you have an A grade in A level Mathematics and minimum 2:1 degree?
If so, have you ever considered a career as a Consultant?
Looking to join a leading consultancy firm that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits?
Barnett Waddingham is the UK’s largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services, spread across 8 offices throughout the UK. We are a partner led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated advice and consultancy. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working for an award winning leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. Our continuing growth means we are looking to expand with ambitious university graduates who value the chance to join the partnership in due course.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and ambitious firm, which maintains its core values, supportive job structure and work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond.
Our Graduate Scheme
No two days are ever the same at Barnett Waddingham, as a firm employing over 1,200 people across 8 offices in the UK, we work with a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors, including over 15% of all FTSE350 firms.
To underpin continued development towards success in achieving the full FIA qualification, our graduates will participate in a Graduate Rotation Scheme. The rotation scheme will consist of placements in different areas of our business, such as Corporate Consulting, Trustee Consulting and Investment Consulting over a 12-18 month period.
- Our graduate consultancy programme supports employees to achieve their full FIA (Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries) or CFA qualification.
- Actuaries come from different academic backgrounds but share a love of mathematical analysis even if they haven’t done a maths degree.
- In an increasingly complex financial world where greater emphasis is being placed on risk management the actuarial qualification is a gateway to many different opportunities and careers. The qualification is recognised globally and the skills you acquire in attaining it will enable you to work anywhere in the world.
- The role will cover a range of actuarial and investment services and the chance to work with a range of institutions and corporate clients.
- It may also provide the opportunity to use actuarial and risk management skills in some newer areas, such as our evolving Business Risk services or data analytics and wider consultancy to the Oil and Gas industry.
- A very important part of a consultancy role is communication, whether this is to convey a technical issue in simple terms to meet the needs of the audience or at senior management level dealing with high-level strategic decisions and guiding clients on key issues to address.
Who we are looking for
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree and A at A-Level Maths, in return you will be offered a competitive salary and reward package including contributions towards gym memberships, generous holiday allowance and pension contributions. Developing your consultancy and numerical skills requires time for studying and monetary support towards exam materials, which is why our study package encompasses this and much more.
In return we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills.
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply