Are you interested in working on a close-knit, collaborative and knowledgeable actuarial team? Would you like to work in a consulting environment and have daily exposure to C-suite leaders of a range of multinational and Indigenous clients? Would you like to work with client managers and have responsibility for the delivery of actuarial services to a portfolio of clients? If so, this may be the role for you!
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- The Actuarial Consultant will have the opportunity to develop relationships with clients in delivering trustee and corporate advisory work.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Advising clients on strategic pensions issues, including benefit design, restructuring, risk management projects, funding, as well as pension accounting disclosures
- Preparing actuarial valuations, funding certificates, funding proposals and actuarial statements as required under the Pensions Act 1990
- Taking ownership for the quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from more junior support team members as required
- Working collaboratively on joint projects with colleagues in the general consulting, risk management and investment practices
- Developing intellectual capital to support innovation and efficiencies
How this opportunity is different
The Actuarial Consultant is encouraged to work autonomously to deliver actuarial services to their allocated clients while also working as part of a team with a diverse range of versatile, motivated colleagues who will support you. Client exposure within the actuarial team is second to none, providing opportunities to work with prestigious, global multinational clients daily.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Stakeholder management experience whilst exposure to leading client relationships would be advantageous
- Scheme Actuary certificate or interest in obtaining
- Ideally possesses relevant industry and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability, however we are also interested in individuals willing to transition from non-pension actuarial areas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions at a senior management level
- Ability to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.