Join Aon as a Commercial Risk Consulting summer intern and spend 9 weeks being integral to our Aon Inpoint (Insurance Strategy Consulting) team — helping our clients navigate an ever-evolving market to drive profit, growth and results.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our interns will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Aon Inpoint (Insurance Strategy Consulting):
Aon Inpoint provides advisory services and strategic implementation support to many of the most prestigious companies in the global insurance, reinsurance, health and benefits markets.
We have privileged access to Aon’s proprietary data and its global network of reinsurance industry experts, which allows us to pinpoint unique and compelling insights that’ll give our clients the edge over their competition. As an Aon graduate, you’ll become part of our team of experts who translate these insights into practical actions, tangible returns and positive results for our clients.
Focusing on strategy development and market engagement, you’ll work with account and project teams to deliver business-focused initiatives and strategic recommendations for our clients, giving them the advice, they need to grow and improve their operating performance. You’ll also actively support clients in putting those recommendations into practice.
Our interns experience the full lifecycle of our business. You’ll focus on developing client-management skills too, and build relationships with a broad spectrum of people — including clients, our own industry specialists and members of the global reinsurance markets.
As an Aon Summer Intern, you will be enrolled onto our award-winning development programme. For 9 weeks you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of insightful and interactive training and development activities in addition to your role. Here are couple of key elements of our 9-week Internship development programme:
- Induction – a great way for you to learn about Aon and our Story, meet and network with your fellow interns and Aon colleagues from across our business including senior leaders; technical and business training to equip you with skills and knowledge to help you in your role
- Aon Business focused project – our interns are given a project to complete during the programme. You and your team of fellow interns will be tasked to research and help to find solutions for a real business challenge. At the end of the internship, you will have the chance to present your findings to a panel of Aon colleagues
- Feedback – when you start as an intern at Aon, you will have time with your line manager to discuss your goals and throughout your internship you will receive feedback and support.
Your career beyond your Summer Internship
Once you’ve completed the formal summer internship programme, depending on your performance, you may be offered a role on our graduate programme for the following year. When you return, you’ll be part of our Launch development programme where we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification, the Level 4 Diploma in Insurance from the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute).
If you are interested in our Summer Internship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
You will need to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any subject area
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Commercial Risk Consulting programme
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Ability to build relationships, understand strategy and work collaboratively to develop solutions for our clients
- Numerically confident
Programme dates: June – August 2024