At Aon, we’ve been advising employers and governments on their pension schemes and other assets — totalling around $3 trillion — for over 60 years. Join us as an investment consulting intern or industrial placement student, and step into life as a valued member of our world-class team of experts, working across everything from setting investment strategies and day-to-day investment management to corporate transactions and asset transfers. This is your opportunity to immerse yourself in our fast-paced, inclusive culture, and learn from the best.
As a summer intern, you’ll gain a deep understanding of investment consulting and discover what a career at Aon can offer you.
- You’ll kick off your internship with an induction and technical training programme. With practical on-the-job training throughout your time with us, you’ll gain the skills and insight you need to take on real responsibility in your role.
- You’ll be a key member of our dedicated team, playing a vital, hands-on role in giving our global clients the support they need. This involves providing investment servicing and advice covering markets and strategic considerations, such as managing assets and liabilities. You’ll gain early experience of dealing with a wide range of investments, adapting them around economic conditions and outlooks.
- You’ll also learn how and why pension scheme liabilities change because of economic assumptions — such as inflation, interest rates and the effect that market movements have on invested assets.
After the internship, what’s next?
If you secure a graduate role following your internship, the next step will be to complete the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) (www.cfauk.org/study/imc). We’ll ask you to choose between taking either the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) (www.cfainstitute.org) or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) (www.actuaries.org.uk) professional qualification when you return to us.
At Aon, we offer a structured programme based upon the government’s apprenticeship framework. Each of our programmes combine support through study material reimbursement, study days and tailored tutorials. We’ll also work with you on softer skills training, to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in your role. Plus, we’re here to offer guidance on dividing your time between your qualification studies, client work and life outside the office — we know that finding a healthy balance makes all the difference.
Our summer internships are open to students in any year of their undergraduate degree, and to graduates.
- To apply, you’ll need to be educated to degree level with a minimum predicted grade of at least 2:1, or an equivalent qualification
- We’re looking for numerate graduates with a high level of commercial awareness, ambition, enthusiasm and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be able to work well within a team, as well as develop your own views and creative ideas on economic and investment markets