Join Aon’s Investment Consulting graduate programme, and step into life as a valued member of our elite team of experts. Our consultants have been advising employers and governments on their pension schemes and other assets — totalling over $4 trillion — for over 60 years.
Aon graduates join several specialist teams focused on helping our clients on everything from setting investment strategies and selection of investment managers, to supporting our consultants on all aspects of environmental, social and governance; or working with pension scheme trustees to implement their long-term strategies efficiently and target better outcomes.
Whichever team your join, this is your opportunity to immerse yourself in our fast-paced, inclusive culture and learn from the best.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Wealth Solutions – Investment:
Aon has been advising employers and governments on their pension schemes and other assets — totalling over $4 trillion — for over 60 years.
Within our Investment Consulting Graduate programme, we recruit graduates into the following specialist teams:
Investment Consultants – Client Group
Join us as an investment consulting graduate, helping to advise our clients on everything from setting investment strategies and selection of investment managers to corporate transactions and asset transfers.
- You’ll be a key member of our dedicated teams, playing a vital, hands-on role in giving our global clients the support they need. This involves providing investment servicing and advice covering markets and strategic considerations, such as managing assets and liabilities. You’ll gain early experience of dealing with a wide range of investments, adapting them around economic conditions and outlooks.
- You’ll also learn how and why pension scheme liabilities change because of economic assumptions – such as inflation, interest rates and the effect that market movements have on invested assets.
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around 3 core elements:
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards firstly the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) then you can then choose whether you’d prefer to take the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials.
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal graduate programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths.
Throughout the programme and beyond, we’ll also work with you on softer skills training, to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in your role. Plus, we’re here to offer guidance on dividing your time between your qualification studies, client work and life outside the office — we know that finding a healthy balance makes all the difference.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
You will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any subject area
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Investment consulting programme
- Passion and inquisitiveness – we are looking for candidates who want to understand what we do and are eager to learn more and develop your own views and ideas on economic and investment markets
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds
Start date: September 2023