Join Aon on either our Insurance Actuarial Consulting or Reinsurance Analytics Internship and spend 9 weeks learning about the actuarial career opportunities in our newly formed Strategy & Technology Group; or Reinsurance Solutions Team.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our interns will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Insurance Actuarial Consulting Internship:
Join Aon as an actuarial consulting insurance intern and get the unique opportunity to be part of the newly formed Strategy & Technology Group (STG). You will be part of a multi-disciplined, collaborative, and friendly team, that supports a wide range of clients across the globe, in not only traditional life and non-life insurance consulting services, but also in actuarial software consulting.
Aon’s global client base, combined with heightened geo-political, climate and economic uncertainty, and a market focusing on more data-driven insights, means there is significant growth potential in our consulting opportunities.
STG, as Aon’s global consulting and technology business, have access to Aon’s proprietary data, software, and its global network of insurance industry experts, and as such are perfectly positioned to provide innovative and compelling insights for clients into the sources of competitive advantage in our industry.
As an Aon STG intern, you will be part of a growing 80+ team of actuaries working on a variety of projects, learning from top professionals across the actuarial, consulting and software industries, and gaining an insight into a potential graduate role later once you finish your degree.
Reinsurance Analytics Internship:
Our Reinsurance Analytics team offers clients catastrophe management, actuarial, rating agency advisory and risk and capital strategy expertise. Whether working side-by-side with brokers on risk transfer products or engaging on broader analytic and modelling engagements, our 400+ specialists around the world consistently deliver innovation and thought leadership to clients.
As an Aon Summer Intern, you will be enrolled onto our award-winning development programme. For 9 weeks you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of insightful and interactive training and development activities in addition to your role. Here are couple of key elements of our intern’s 9-week development programme:
- Induction – a great way for you to learn about Aon and our Story, meet and network with your fellow interns and Aon colleagues from across our business including senior leaders; technical and business training to equip you with skills and knowledge to help you in your role
- Aon Business focused project – our interns are given a project to complete during the programme. You and your team of fellow interns will be tasked to research and help to find solutions for a real business challenge. At the end of the internship, you will have the chance to present your findings to a panel of Aon colleagues
- Feedback – when you start as an intern at Aon, you will have time with your line manager to discuss your goals and throughout your internship you will receive feedback and support.
Your career beyond your Summer Internship
Once you’ve completed the formal summer internship programme, depending on your performance, you may be offered a role on our graduate programme for the following year. When you return, you’ll be part of our Launch development programme where we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification.
If you are interested in our Summer Internship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a numerate / semi-numerate subject area
- You will need to have achieved an A-grade or above in Maths A-level or equivalent
What are we looking for?
- Have excellent numerical ability. The team embraces the diversity of different numerate experience, with current team members having backgrounds in maths, actuarial science, physics, engineering, economics, and investment banking
- Be a strong communicator, particularly being able to present complex ideas in a simpler, more understandable way
- Act with integrity and a sense of ownership for their own and the team’s performance
- Deliver work to the highest standards which fully comply with the quality assurance framework
- Take initiative and embrace the collaborative and innovative culture within the team
- Take a proactive approach to seeking out learning opportunities, both formal and informal
Here are the locations where we have opportunities this year:
June – August 2023