Join Aon on our Client Management placement and spend 12 months discovering how we support our client management activities, ensuring employers’ pension schemes are run efficiently. If you are passionate about going above and beyond for clients, you’ll fit right in here at Aon as a client management industrial placement.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our placement colleagues will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Wealth Solutions: Client Management Industrial Placement
Hundreds of UK employers — from FTSE 100 companies to ambitious up-and-coming firms — turn to our retirement and investment business for advice on running pension schemes. Providing vital support to senior team members, you’ll make an immediate impact as you explore our business, develop your professional skills and build a valuable network of contacts.
As a client management industrial placement student, no two days are the same; you’ll work on a range of client teams with colleagues who provide advice and support to either the trustees managing the pension scheme, or the company that provides it.
Our aim is for you to develop into a trusted advisor for your clients as soon as possible, building strong relationships with each of your clients. We’ll help you do this by giving you real responsibility on client projects and supporting you in developing your industry knowledge, project management and consulting skills through both classroom-based and on-the-job training. Throughout your careers with Aon, you’ll continually improve your commercial awareness and professionalism – which will help you grow into a successful client manager.
What your day could look like
- Producing and delivering clear and accurate internal and client correspondence, including advice
- Attending and planning client meetings and conference calls, taking minutes and managing the follow-up actions
- Taking responsibility for the production (quality, timeliness and budget) of work for allocated clients (i.e. account management)
- Keeping track of progress with actions and ensuring that all workflow is completed to timescales
- Playing an active part in delivering client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Effectively influencing and negotiating with other teams both internal and external through development of working relationships to ensure client commitments are met
- Actively participating in team meetings, keeping others updated on developments, providing feedback following discussions and involving others in identifying service improvements where appropriate
- Ensuring appropriate legislative, regulatory, business, practice and professional standards are followed.
During our Industrial placement programme, you will be enrolled onto our award-winning development programme, where over the 12 months, you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of insightful and interactive training and development activities in addition to your role.
Here are some key elements of our development programme:
- Induction –Learn about Aon and our Story, meet and network with your fellow placement cohort and Aon colleagues from across our business including senior leaders; technical and business training to equip you with skills and knowledge to help you in your role
- Aon Business focused project – you and your team will be tasked to research and help to find solutions for a real business challenge. At the end of the project, you will have the chance to present your findings to a panel of Aon colleagues
- Feedback – when you begin your Aon placement, you will have time with your line manager to discuss your goals and over your 12-month programme you will receive feedback and support.
Your career beyond your Industrial Placement
Once you’ve completed the formal Industrial Placement programme, depending on your performance, you may be offered a role on our graduate programme for the following year. When you return, you’ll be part of our Launch development programme where we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification, the Advanced Diploma in Retirement Provision with the Pensions Management Institute (PMI). To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials.
If you are interested in our Industrial Placement programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any degree subject area
- You will need to be eligible for an Industrial Placement, which means you are currently studying for your undergraduate degree and the placement will be undertaken in the 3rd year of a 4 year degree.
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Investment consulting programme
- Passion and inquisitiveness – we are looking for candidates who want to understand what we do and are eager to learn more and develop your own views and ideas on economic and investment markets
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
Here are the locations where we have opportunities this year:
Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, St Albans
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working.
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply