Join Aon as an Employee Benefits Apprentice as a permanent employee and discover how our innovative solutions help clients make decisions on financial benefit design and provisions that optimise their investment while incentivising employees.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Health Solutions: Employee Benefits
The world of work is changing, fast. Economic migration, rising retirement age and longer working hours all impact our health and wellbeing.
That’s where we come in. With our help, more and more organisations are offering flexible, financial benefits that can be tailored to suit their employees’ lifestyles; it’s an excellent way to reward and retain talent. We’re leading the way in the design, implementation and management of modern employee benefits and benefits programmes.
We’re a business-to-business operation, working with many household names as well as smaller enterprises. Join us and become part of a global team of experts who are changing the way employees use and value their benefits.
Your role as an Employee Benefits Apprentice:
Our 18-month Level 3 Employee Benefits Apprentice Programme will provide you with the communication, marketing and client facing skills for a long running career in Employee Benefits Consulting.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business skills, and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
As an Aon Apprentice you will be enrolled onto our development Programme when you join. This programme is built around 3 core elements :
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK apprentices complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials
With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you’re encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
- Your Apprentice network – you’ll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one
- Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have
- Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
Your career beyond your Apprenticeship
Once you’ve completed the formal apprenticeship programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to grow your career as an Employee Benefits Consultant as well as continuing your studies for the Certificate in Financial Services.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- 112 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BBC
- Five grade A*- C GCSEs including Maths and English
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to tell us why you want to join the Employee Benefits Apprenticeship
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Curious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated to find solutions
Here are the locations where we have apprentice opportunities this year: Farnborough
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our apprentices will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Start date: September 2023