APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 29TH FEBRUARY 2024
Join Aon as a Data Analytics graduate and discover how our growing team focus on working with large data sets to ensure strategic projects for our clients can be delivered efficiently. Work with specialists across data, consulting, project management and administration and learn about the vast array of projects we are designing and completing for our clients, and how your role will be vital to the success of these.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in an office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site. This is dependent on role and aligns with in country smart working policy.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Wealth Solutions: Date Analytics
Right now, UK based companies have more invested in pension schemes than the rest of Europe combined. They are designing and implementing large and complex projects involving a number of stakeholders and complex data sets to create and deliver the best solutions both for their employees and for the company.
As the market leaders in Wealth Solutions consulting, our data analytics team are here to provide a fully integrated client service on strategic projects – delivering multiple data heavy projects for individual clients s one single output. They use their data management skills to help this new and growing specialist team design efficient processes to provide the best outcomes for Aon and for our clients. As an Aon graduate, you’ll work alongside the best and brightest in the industry, earning as you learn and building your career as a Data Analytics specialist.
Your role as a Data Analytics Graduate in Wealth Solutions: Retirement:
As a Data Analytics graduate, you’ll find that no two days in the office are the same. You’ll work supporting a range of teams with colleagues who provide advice and support to either the trustees managing the pension scheme, or the company that provides it.
Our aim is for you to develop into an effective member of the data analytics team and help shape the way the team operate in the future. We’ll help you do this by developing both your data analytics and problem-solving skills — including your understanding of data management, manipulation, rectification and benefit calculations. Throughout your career with Aon, you’ll continually improve your commercial awareness and professionalism — which will help you grow and progress through a successful career.
What your day could look like:
- Processing and cleaning of data using internal tools and processes
- Use internal tools to manipulate data into required formats
- Analyse data sets for reasonableness and trends
- Identify and rectify data issues to ensure data is suitable to be used in a project
- Solve problems and develop solutions using methods which are efficient across large data sets
- Learn specialist benefit calculations and perform these for large sets of data
- Understand the complexities of data gathering and handling, data nuances and caveats, and best practices
- Use commercial awareness to ensure delivery to both budgets and timescales
- Working with the client to understand their goals and requirements
- Designing and implementing efficient processes, including taking ownership to improve parts of standard processes or create new processes.
You’ll be given opportunities to work on a range of projects, gaining early exposure to clients to support your development. You’ll also can be involved in projects for one of our specialist teams, focusing in areas such as:
- Risk Settlement, advising clients on the best way to reduce risk through transferring it to a third party.
- Member Options, helping clients reduce risk and/or cost by offering pension scheme members the choice to reshape their benefits to better suit their individual circumstances.
- GMP equalisation, helping clients correct for previous benefit inequalities.
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around the following 3 core elements:
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal graduate programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as continued technical and business skills training. To aid your professional development you’ll receive regular performance feedback, and work with your line manager towards promotions, which are considered twice a year, enabling you to progress from a graduate Analyst, to Associate Consultant, then Consultant and beyond.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here is some useful information:
- You will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a Data related subject
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition to pursue a Data Analytics career – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to pursue a career in data
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience or passion for data analysis – we are looking for candidates who want to understand what we do and are eager to learn more
- Analytical mind and good communication skills
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Birmingham & Glasgow
Start date: August 2024