Join Aon as a Commercial Risk Consulting graduate and from day one you’ll be integral to our Strategy Consulting, Strategic Engagement, or Aon Mergers & Acquisition and Transaction Solutions (AMATS) team — helping our clients navigate an ever-evolving market to drive profit, growth and results.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Your role as a Commercial Risk Consulting graduate:
Within our Commercial Risk Consulting Graduate programme, we recruit graduates into one of the following specialist teams:
Strategy Consulting (select Insurance Strategy Consulting (Inpoint) in the Application):
Strategy Consulting, part of Aon’s new Strategy and Technology Group (STG), works with (re)insurers, private equity firms, and other entities interested in the (re)insurance sector to deliver advice and strategic insights to senior leaders within the industry’s most prestigious companies.
With our singular industry focus, privileged access to Aon’s proprietary data and its global network of (re)insurance industry experts, Strategy Consulting offers clients unparalleled access to unique and compelling insights unlike any other consultancy.
As a Strategy Consulting Graduate, you’ll become part of our expert team who develop strategic recommendations for our clients’ most important business problems. You will be working on fast-paced, complex projects with a team of 2-4 Strategy Consulting colleagues. Most projects last 1-2 months, enabling Graduates to quickly develop skills and gain deep knowledge across a variety of topics and be exposed to many different colleagues and clients. Learning and development is a focus, with instruction in core consulting skills as well as (re)insurance industry knowledge through tailored training sessions and purposeful work experiences.
What your day will look like:
- Working as part of a team that delivers high value strategic projects to insurers, re-insurers, and investors in the insurance industry on wide ranging strategic questions.
- Undertaking market and primary research, financial and data analysis that informs the development of recommendations
- Supporting the team in developing hypotheses, testing those hypotheses, and developing strategic recommendations
- Contributing to the production of high impact client deliverables.
- You have had outstanding academic achievements
- You have led / participated in extracurricular activities / hobbies
- You will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for effective problem solving and analytical skills in a professional or academic context.
- You have strong business writing skills gained through both work experience and relevant coursework
- You are considered a team player and seek to contribute in ways aligned to your strengths and development areas.
- You are committed to personal development and recognise its importance in your career
- You have a desire to contribute to the development of growing strategy consultancy business
Strategic Engagement (select Insurance Strategy Consulting (Inpoint) in the Application):
Aon Inpoint provides advisory services and strategic implementation support to many of the most prestigious companies in the global insurance, reinsurance, health and benefits markets.
We have privileged access to Aon’s proprietary data and its global network of reinsurance industry experts, which allows us to pinpoint unique and compelling insights that’ll give our clients the edge over their competition. As an Aon graduate, you’ll become part of our team of experts who translate these insights into practical actions, tangible returns and positive results for our clients.
This is a relationship focused role where you will have responsibility for partnering with Aon clients to develop relationships and ensuring success of their strategic objectives.
When you join Aon you are joining a culture of collaboration with significant networking opportunities both internally and externally through different routes such as our Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities.
What the day will look like:
- Developing and maintaining a fluency in the company’s and insurers strategy, products, leadership and operations to enrich client outcomes
- Contributing to initiatives across the wider firm
- Working with the team on ensuing account management tasks including requests and gathering of information from carriers and colleagues, participating on projects, liaising between internal professionals and organising meeting logistics to ensure customer satisfaction
- Report to senior colleagues on relationship satisfaction to ensure a mutual understanding both internally and externally.
- Working as part of a team that delivers discrete projects for insurers and re-insurers on wide ranging strategic questions
- Undertaking market research, financial and data analysis that informs recommendations
- Supporting the preparation and facilitation of interviews with clients and Aon colleagues
- Engaging and contributing to the production of reports and other client deliverables
- You like working in a fun environment with smart and ambitious people
- You are educated to a degree level or with an entrepreneurial background with experience working as an associate
- You have an interest in relationship management skills and building trusted relationships both internally and externally
- People skills, able to work within mixed and virtual teams, able to forge links and build networks with different Aon teams
- You have excellent research and presentation skills
- You have analytical capability – with focus and high attention to detail comfortable to undertake or instruct the organisation, analysis and interpretation of structured and unstructured data and information to be used for decision-making
- You have the ability to interpret data, seeking trends and translating this into valued insights for the business and our clients
- You are self-reliant and a self-starter who thinks around problems, creatively and resourcefully, to open new opportunities prioritise and work under pressure
Aon’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Transaction Solutions (AMATs):
Mergers and Acquisitions are complex, time-critical and highly specialised.
The AMATS team assists our clients by providing specialist due diligence across a wide range of deal critical areas, including EGS, human capital, insurance, and intellectual property. This diligence evaluates exposures (past, current, and future) which may impact a transaction. In addition, the team focuses on risk transfer solutions aimed at both de-risking transactions and enhancing investor returns, often removing deal-breaking risks. This involves structuring and placing solutions including Warranty & Indemnity insurance and using insurance capital to transfer contingent risks out of deals, such as tax and litigation. The team also uses insurance capital in innovative ways including enabling IP rich businesses to raise debt through insurance backed loans.
The clients include both Corporates plus Financial Sponsors (Private Equity, Infrastructure, Real Estate investors) and the transaction range from small domestic deals to large international transactions.
We have opportunities available in three different teams within the Commercial Risk Consulting Graduate stream. Please review the information on each team and select your first-choice preferred team should you be successful. Please note that where possible, we will try to consider you for your first-choice preference, however we cannot guarantee your first choice due to availability of roles. If your first choice is unavailable at the time of your Assessment Centre, we will also consider you for the other teams.
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around the following 3 core elements:
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so through our Go Further Apprenticeship programmes, we’ll fully support your study towards the Level 4 Diploma in Insurance from the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) and beyond. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials.
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal 18 month graduate rotational programme you will be promoted into a permanent role within our Commercial Risk or Reinsurance teams. We will continue to support technical and business skills training, and your CII qualifications. To aid your professional development you’ll receive regular performance feedback, and work with your line manager towards promotions, enabling you to continue to progress.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any degree subject
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Commercial Risk Consulting programme
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Ability to build relationships, understand strategy and work collaboratively to develop solutions for our clients
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Start date: August 2024