Join Aon as a Commercial Risk Consulting graduate and from day one you’ll be integral to our insurance strategy team or Aon Mergers & Acquisition and Transaction Solutions team — helping our clients navigate an ever-evolving market to drive profit, growth and results.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Your role as a Commercial Risk Consulting graduate:
Within our Commercial Risk Consulting Graduate programme, we recruit graduates into one of the following specialist teams:
Aon Inpoint (Insurance Strategy Consulting):
Aon Inpoint provides advisory services and strategic implementation support to many of the most prestigious companies in the global insurance, reinsurance, health and benefits markets.
We have privileged access to Aon’s proprietary data and its global network of reinsurance industry experts, which allows us to pinpoint unique and compelling insights that’ll give our clients the edge over their competition. As an Aon graduate, you’ll become part of our team of experts who translate these insights into practical actions, tangible returns and positive results for our clients.
Focusing on strategy development and market engagement, you’ll work with account and project teams to deliver business-focused initiatives and strategic recommendations for our clients, giving them the advice, they need to grow and improve their operating performance. You’ll also actively support clients in putting those recommendations into practice.
Our graduates experience the full lifecycle of our business — from trading risk in the market and understanding the importance of claims through to winning new business. You’ll focus on developing client-management skills too and build relationships with a broad spectrum of people — including clients, our own industry specialists and members of the global reinsurance markets.
Aon’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Transaction Solutions (AMATs):
Mergers and Acquisitions are complex, time-critical and highly specialised.
The AMATS team assists our clients by providing specialist due diligence across a wide range of deal critical areas, including EGS, human capital, insurance, and intellectual property. This diligence evaluates exposures (past, current, and future) which may impact a transaction. In addition, the team focuses on risk transfer solutions aimed at both de-risking transactions and enhancing investor returns, often removing deal-breaking risks. This involves structuring and placing solutions including Warranty & Indemnity insurance and using insurance capital to transfer contingent risks out of deals, such as tax and litigation. The team also uses insurance capital in innovative ways including enabling IP rich businesses to raise debt through insurance backed loans.
The clients include both Corporates plus Financial Sponsors (Private Equity, Infrastructure, Real Estate investors) and the transaction range from small domestic deals to large international transactions.
We have opportunities available in two different teams within the Commercial Risk Consulting Graduate stream. Please review the information on each team and select your first-choice preferred team should you be successful. Please note that where possible, we will try to consider you for your first-choice preference, however we cannot guarantee your first choice due to availability of roles. If your first choice is unavailable at the time of your Assessment Centre, we will also consider you for the other teams.
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around the following 3 core elements:
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards your Chartered Insurance Institute professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal graduate programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any degree subject
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Commercial Risk Consulting programme
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Ability to build relationships, understand strategy and work collaboratively to develop solutions for our clients
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Start date: September 2023