Join Aon as a Commercial Risk or Reinsurance graduate and learn about our Risk business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Commercial Risk Solutions: Trends in economics, demographics and geopolitics – compounded by the rapid pace of technological change – are creating unprecedented volatility for organisations. We offer risk advisory, risk transfer and structured solutions that help better identify, quantify and manage risk exposure.
Reinsurance Solutions: Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organisations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help re/insurers reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Your role as a Commercial Risk or Reinsurance Consulting graduate:
Our Commercial Risk Graduates and Reinsurance graduates are part of rotational programmes within their solution line.
Whether you are in Commercial Risk or Reinsurance Solutions, our graduates experience the full lifecycle of our business — from trading risk in the market and understanding the importance of claims through to winning new business.
You’ll focus on developing client-management skills too and build relationships with a broad spectrum of people — including clients, our own industry specialists and members of the global insurance and reinsurance markets.
During your rotations you’ll gain exposure to both technical and client-facing roles — this will help you to understand the specialist advice our clients rely on, and how we share it with them. Placements can include broking, claims, client management and specialist project roles.
We have opportunities available in different teams within the Commercial Risk & Reinsurance Broking Graduate stream. Please review the information on each team (Commercial Risk Broking or Reinsurance Broking) and select your first-choice preferred team should you be successful. Please note that where possible, we will try to consider you for your first-choice preference, however we cannot guarantee your first choice due to availability of roles. If your first choice is unavailable at the time of your Assessment Centre, we will also consider you for the other teams.
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around the following 3 core elements:
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards your Chartered Insurance Institute professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal graduate programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any degree subject
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Commercial Risk Consulting programme
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Ability to build relationships, understand strategy and work collaboratively to develop solutions for our clients
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Commercial Risk: Glasgow, London
Start date: September 2023