Join Aon on our Client Management placement and spend 12 months discovering how we support our client management activities, ensuring employers’ pension schemes are run efficiently. If you are passionate about going above and beyond for clients, you’ll fit right in here at Aon as a client management industrial placement.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our placement colleagues will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Your role on our Client Management Industrial Placement
Hundreds of UK employers — from FTSE 100 companies to ambitious up-and-coming firms — turn to our retirement and investment business for advice on running pension schemes. Providing vital support to senior team members, you’ll make an immediate impact as you explore our business, develop your professional skills and build a valuable network of contacts.
As a client management industrial placement, no two days are the same; you’ll be involved in supporting client management activities, ensuring employers’ pension schemes are run efficiently and more.
Our aim is for you to learn about the potential career path ahead of you, while being given real responsibility on client projects. We’ll work with you through classroom-based and on-the-job training to develop your understanding of our retirement business and client management skills — including communication techniques, project management and networking.
What your day could look like
- Supporting the delivery of client plans and project management
- Assisting in day-to-day retirement services, including drafting reports and newsletters for trustees
- Attending and planning face-to-face client meetings and conference calls, taking minutes and managing the follow-up actions
- Playing an active part in delivering client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks that contribute to the retirement and investment consulting process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
During our Industrial placement programme, you will be enrolled onto our award-winning development programme, where over the 12 months, you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of insightful and interactive training and development activities in addition to your role
Here are couple of key elements of our development programme:
- Induction –Learn about Aon and our Story, meet and network with your fellow placement cohort and Aon colleagues from across our business including senior leaders; technical and business training to equip you with skills and knowledge to help you in your role
- Aon Business focused project – you and your team will be tasked to research and help to find solutions for a real business challenge. At the end of the project, you will have the chance to present your findings to a panel of Aon colleagues
- Feedback – when you begin your Aon placement, you will have time with your line manager to discuss your goals and over your 12-month programme you will receive feedback and support.
Your career beyond your Industrial Placement
Once you’ve completed the formal Industrial Placement programme, depending on your performance, you may be offered a role on our graduate programme for the following year. When you return, you’ll be part of our Launch development programme where we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification.
If you are interested in our Industrial Placement programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- You will need to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any degree subject area
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Client Management programme
- Passionate about going above and beyond for clients, understanding of the value of customer service, teamwork and an enthusiastic approach
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
Here are the locations where we have opportunities this year:
Birmingham, Epsom, Leeds, Manchester, St Albans
Programme start date: September 2023