Across the global economy, unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities — which is a key reason why insurance, reinsurance and risk management are the cornerstones of every company’s capital structure. We help our clients identify their risks, ensuring they have the best possible cover to mitigate them — and, as an Aon insurance apprentice, you’ll play an essential role in making this happen.
Prepare to make an immediate impact with your passion for client service. We’ll help you learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues alike. In return, on top of your salary and benefits, we’ll make sure you’re fully supported to study for ACII professional qualifications.
Birmingham, Bristol, Chelmsford, London, Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester, Reading, Redhill (Surrey), Tingley, Glasgow, Cardiff & Manchester
Every apprenticeship role at Aon is a permanent position, which means we’re invested in your future with us from day one. That’s why we make sure you have access to plenty of on-the-job, business and technical training: to help you develop the skills needed to excel in your career and meet our clients’ needs.
Our 18-month level 3 insurance apprentice programme will give you the communication and client-facing skills you’ll need for a successful career in client management. Plus, we’ll fully support you through the Cert CII qualification (Chartered Institute of Insurers Certificate in Insurance).
Once you’ve completed your 18-month apprenticeship, your training and development doesn’t stop there. You’ll continue to grow your career in the insurance industry, as well as continuing your studies for the CII qualifications, by moving onto our level 4 apprenticeship.
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing transactional service activities
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of client risk and insurance programmes
- Contributing proactively to client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks that contribute to the broking process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be surrounded by inspiring business leaders and senior colleagues – so we encourage you to make the most of every networking opportunity. The key early relationships you’ll build will include:
- Your apprentice network. You’ll meet apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, who will help you navigate our business and grow your support network
- Your mentor. We’ll pair you with an experienced colleague who can help you with career guidance, specific issues or any general queries you have
- Business seniors. Many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The early careers team. They’re here to offer support, and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
After the apprenticeship programme, what’s next?
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon in your permanent role. We’ll give you access to a variety of interactive training sessions that’ll build on your experience, and help you grow into an exceptional client manager or broker.
So you can find the role that best suits you, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths. You may choose to focus on client-facing roles — for example, alongside our account managers or brokers. Or, you might decide to develop Aon’s offerings as part of our internal support teams. Whatever you choose, we’ll give you the support, training and tools you need to excel.
- 112 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BBC
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, including Maths and English, or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*- C if taken prior to change in grading system in the UK.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding of the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Keen desire to build on your basic understanding of insurance and progress your career quickly
- Positive attitude
- Team player