Our GMPE pensions team in the UK has enjoyed sustained growth over the last 5 years, and currently comprises over 60 UK based consultants. As it aims to continue growing its market share, it is seeking ambitious qualified actuaries with strong inter-personal skills to join them as Consultants.
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Aon locations Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Leeds, London, Manchester, and St Albans.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Calibrate and review models to deliver GMP equalisation calculations
- Check calculations for GMP equalisation projects under all GMP equalisation methods
- Prepare clear audit trails demonstrating that work has been done in line with our quality requirements
- Manage projects within your GMP equalisation calculation team to ensure work is delivered in a timely fashion
- Support our consultants with their clients, formulating or provide input into GMP equalisation advice.
- Develop colleagues supporting you on GMP equalisation calculations
- Input into GMP equalisation process development to improve efficiency
- Advising clients on strategic corporate pensions issues, including benefit design, risk management projects, funding negotiations, as well as pension accounting disclosures.
- Leading relationships with certain clients, with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional services
- Supporting Partners/Principals in serving larger clients and developing those relationships
- There will be an opportunity to become a specialist in a particular area (for example, member options, funding, accounting) and build up experience to be seen as the go to person across the team.
- Track record in developing client relationships and supporting Partners/Associate Partners with larger clients
- Directing/project managing large projects, including FRO/PIE/benefit design exercises
- Taking overall responsibility for quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from the calculation support team as required
- Networking and securing new business within the local market
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Relevant industry experience (retirement/pensions) and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Able to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
- Experience in advising corporates on strategic pension issues
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.