We are looking to recruit outstanding graduates to join the Friends Life Actuarial Graduate Scheme across our office locations in London, Bristol, Dorking and Salisbury. You will have the opportunity to join a strong established scheme where you will rotate between departments and gain depth and breadth of experience. This will enable you to obtain valuable knowledge across a range of business functions and study towards becoming a fully qualified Actuary with the Faculty and of Institute of Actuaries.
Examples of the type of work you will have exposure to include financial reporting and analysis, stochastic modelling, product development and pricing.
The purpose of the role is to assist the actuarial function in the application of actuarial judgement and analysis, including the collation and interpretation of numerical data for prediction of future activities through different methods and models to support the business achieve its strategic aims.
- Develop detailed spreadsheet models to consolidate information and provide analysis using the models
- Perform ad-hoc actuarial calculations
- Check and validate figures, data and information for accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Contribute to projects to achieve defined business improvements: coordinate small projects
- Contribute to the analysis of business decisions to ensure that they are soundly based
- Collect, challenge and verify data from financial systems and the business for use in financial planning and analysis
- Work with colleagues to produce detailed projections for senior managers in the actuarial function.
Education, qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum of 2:1 in any numerate discipline
- Grade A or B at Maths A Level (or equivalent)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent problem solving
- Self disciplined
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong desire to develop career in actuarial profession.
What will you get from this role:
As you work towards qualification, our rotation scheme ensures great variety in your work, but it also means you are able to make intelligent decisions about where your professional interests ultimately lie. In a business the size of Friends Life, there will be first class opportunities for career progression and a generous study package that leads to pass rates that are consistently higher than the national average.
- Basic salary £28,500
- Annual bonus and pay review
- 30 days holiday
- Study support
- Financial support including study materials and professional subscriptions
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Four times pensionable salary ‘death in service’ benefit.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Friends Life’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]