As an Actuarial Trainee you will provide technical and business development support in actuarial and risk consulting.
As an Actuarial Trainee you will be provided with opportunities to develop advanced actuarial and financial skills. You will specifically work on audit and other insurance specific engagements and in doing so you will gain exposure to the whole spectrum of actuarial work including general insurance, life assurance, risk and capital management. You will also be given early responsibility and will be able to get involved in high-profile global projects.
- Develop Actuarial technical knowledge and business skills
- Producing and analysing financial reporting figures
- Supporting the delivery of actuarial services to a wide range of clients within the Insurance Industry
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain professional working relationships with clients
- To continue to increase and maintain technical knowledge
- Attend client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the FIA/FFA qualification, and depending on your exam subject choices, you can also obtain CERA.
You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college but, with Mazars your professional qualification is only part of the story. We support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development, classroom study, 1:1 coaching and support and, as you progress, technical and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will spend time away from the office to attend classes for tuition and revision stages of each exam. The classroom taught approach means that you will have the support of your peers and valuable study time for your exams.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you technical insight to assist you to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor to help you settle and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.