What impact will you make?
Can you see what’s coming round the corner? The Capital Markets Group (CMG) specialises in modelling risks such as the future movements of UK and international economic markets and longevity rates. If you have extremely strong quantitative and technical skills and would like to apply them in an actuarial and banking context, we are the right place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
You will be joining the Capital Markets Group in Actuarial, Rewards and Analytics. This is within the Human Capital practice of Deloitte’s Consulting business. You may have the chance to work with teams from other parts of Consulting, and indeed other service lines in Deloitte.
The CMG team is part of the Analytics and Quantitative Modelling (AQM) team, and is based in London. As part of the CMG team, you will be involved in the more technical aspects of actuarial and banking work including risk modelling work and stochastic economic scenario modelling. Work in CMG requires high levels of quantitative skills to solve challenging problems on behalf of our clients.
Typical Activities and Business Areas:
There is a focus on research and development, with the team being responsible for the development of Deloitte’s stochastic economic scenario modelling suite, XSG.
As an analyst, you may be involved in the following tasks:
- Researching potential enhancements to modelling approaches and writing research papers on these;
- Developing tools to assist clients in using XSG;
- Delivering training sessions to clients on XSG tools and methodologies;
- Helping clients enhance and optimise their internal modelling processes.
There is also a level of crossover with the Actuarial Insurance and Banking teams, which provides the opportunity for a breadth of experience including:
- Designing, implementing and testing risk & valuation models for major companies to help these companies comply with the latest financial regulations;
- Analysing client data and presenting your findings to the client by means of visualisation tools.
- When you join Deloitte, you will take part in an induction program with all the actuarial and non-actuarial graduates joining the Consulting service line. This will introduce you to your fellow recruits and give you an overview of Deloitte. You will also take part in exercises to help you develop the skills you will need in the office and on client site.
- As you continue with us, we will provide you with the training you need to develop. Deloitte offers a wide range of learning opportunities, including formal training courses and e-learning, to help you develop broader business skills. This training is focused on your own requirements, although there are some courses that most people will take.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will receive on-the-job training through your work with different actuarial colleagues and colleagues in other parts of the firm on different client and internal projects.
Analysts will be supported to qualify as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Students currently have to pass fifteen exams as well as gaining three years of appropriate experience in the industry. Our study support includes:
- A study mentor to help guide you through your qualification;
- Forty study days per year to help give you time to prepare for the exams (though you are also expected to use some evenings and weekends, particularly close to an exam sitting);
- Salary increases following exam passes.
Full qualification usually takes between 3 and 6 years. Our aim is to help you qualify as an actuary as quickly as possible.
- English Language – C
- Maths- B
- Further maths – A
- Degree discipline
- Mathematics or Physics
Job family – Human Capital (JFHC)
People are often said to be a company’s greatest asset. And we’re here to help our clients get the most out of theirs, advising on everything from talent to organisational priorities. Ultimately, to give them a distinct competitive advantage.
At the forefront of this field, our expert consultants go further, advising on complex financial and political issues. How immigration affects an organisation’s tax, for example. Or advising on pensions and executive reward structures, to make sure the people at the top are making the best decisions for their shareholders.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size; it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance and Risk Advisory, Tax Consulting, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.